picked up xara

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by Gravy, May 1, 2005.

1. Gravy

Gravy

I just picked up Xara today and am playing with it. So far, has some uses but I think TLC is better. Seems limited in alot of ways but only just now getting to know the program so my review is not an informed one yet.

2. Gravy

Gravy

playing around with xara some more

the first image is straigt from xara I can change the font of the text and the size (but only til it grows large enough to cover the ship) or color. No options for moving the text and positioning it where I want. Also no options for shadow or outlines. I can give a shadow to the entire project but it is limited to a black shadow that you can vary to shades of grey.

There are some attractive templates. BTW the ship is a font I have installed on my pc.

The second image is basically using their template minus the text that I imported into TLC.

You decide which is better.

Hands down I think TLC is leaps ahead of Xara in being able to fully customize your creations.

Xara does have a few animated banners available but again you are very limited to what you can do with them. Some of the text effects are kind of neat and quick but nothing I could'nt do with TLC altho I may take a little more creative thinking to acheive them.

To sumarize TLC is the all around winner and my personal choice. Xara is a let down for the amount they charge and not nearly as flexible as TLC.

These are my own opinions and you or somebody else may think differently.

:bighug:

3. KD-did

KD-did

Gravy, XARA 3D is great for text and effects...but the logo designer in Xara Webstyle 4 does leave a great deal to be desired.

4. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

gravy, xara 3d is good but is no TLC. I used xara 3d and import the results to TLC put the finishing touches. Remember the corkboard theory :) Which version you have...I cannot seem to find the background texture you are displaying....and it seems my ships font doesn't have that pretty little clippership your displaying :pout: :cry:

5. Shelly

Shelly

Well Xara 3d is like TLC in many ways, there are a few things that you think you cannot do untill you get to know the program better, ie moving Text & shadow placing & color size in Xara are easy when you know how.
    Tip just the Crtl buttons and see what you can do with that alone or use the aIb button at the top. have a look at some Xara tutorial sites you will be amazed at what can be done using Xara.

That said and Done I too use many Xara as a background tool for TLC mainly the Text part.:love:

Attached Files:

• 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      35.6 KB
      Views: