Photo insert resolution

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by WBGeek, Jan 7, 2009.

1. WBGeek

WBGeek

When creating my ad in your window, the high resolution photos I inserted looked great ~ just as sharp as yours. When I preview the ad in Explorer, the photo resolution is HORRIBLE! How do I fix that?

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi WB.
    Thanks for the post.

... can you point us to your page?
    I have a feeling that you're trying to resize the .swf image using HTML.

(in other words, you're trying to resize the actual .swf image by creating a different Height and Width HTML tag.)

If this is the case, this is probably why you're getting this fuzzy imaging.

Marc

3. WBGeek

WBGeek

I'm not using it in a webpage on this computer. This computer doesn't have webpage format, hence, I can only view it in Internet Explorer which blows it up almost as big as my monitor screen when playing it back for me. I've created the ad to be inserted in someone else's web site to advertise but don't want to submit it to them if the photos look bad. That would be bad for our enterprise. Are you suggesting that Internet Explorer making it bigger than it appears in the creation window is the cause for the poor quality?

4. Flashorama

Flashorama

Hi WB

If you are viewing the SWF in internet explorer, it will stretch is beyond its original size.

It is suggested to run the HTML page which is also exported along with the SWF. When you run the HTML page in Internet Explorer, the AD should appear in normal size and your images should look alright.

cheers
    Flashorama

5. WBGeek

WBGeek

THANK you so much! I should have known that but, true to my username, I am still a WBGeek (Wanna Be Geek)! :image28:THANKS AGAIN!

6. Wicked

Wicked

Also in the future if you run into any problems achieving the best image size resolution for uploading the proper sized images into FAC then below is a link to a very helpful thread offering all of the proper image sizes to achieve good resolution. This is not related to what you are trying to figure out but a good tip for the future.
    http://logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8344