Phishing alert!

Discussion in 'Resource & Recommendations' started by Flotsom, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Flotsom

Flotsom

If you use Internet Explorer, then this article at Kim Komando's website is definitely worth reading. I have requested permission to reprint her article, but rather than wait for a response, in view of the importance of this info, I have decided to simply post a link to the page on her website that discusses this. Hopefully, I will eventually get that permission. Kim Komando is predominantly Windows/PC oriented, but does occasionally cover Apple related issues as well, and in the 2 years + that I have been taking her emails, she has lived up to her promise of not giving my email address to any third party! If you have visited her site before, you already know what an excellent source of computer info it is, if you haven't then I highly recommend it. I am not affiliated with her in any way other than as a long time recipient of her newletters, & tips. There is no charge to access any of her information, unless of course you decide to buy one of her books or something, and btw I'm pretty sure all of the info in her books is available online for free if you're willing to hunt through the archives of her various newsletters and other information. If anyone disagrees with me and thinks this is an inappropriate use of this forum, or simply the wrong place for this, I will gladly delete or move it. I would be interested in hearing your comments. Here's the link:

Thanks,
    -Flot

2. KD-did

KD-did

I use Firefox already..the only complaint I have about it it is extremely SLOW to pull up my bookmarks. Once bookmarks has been pulled up it really zips along , it is just that first asking for my bookmarks on starting up the computer every morning. :badcomput

Interestingly Bill Gates just announced that the next security in Windows will be handled by hardware and not software. I am hoping that will mean less conflicts.

3. D RAT2

D RAT2

I am another Firefox User. I don't have a problem with bookmarks, but the intial start up of the browser is slower than IE. It's still not enough to discourage my use of it. I highly recommend Firefox to all. It's packed with features and it's open sourced, which means there are a lot of cool plug- ins available. Thanks for the excellent article on Phishing.

4. KD-did

KD-did

http://www.kpvi.com/index.cfm?page=nbcheadlines.cfm&ID=25616

MICROSOFT PLANS TO USE HARDWARE TO LOCK DOWN SECURITY IN NEXT WINDOWS RELEASE

5. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

hey guys just read your comments on this ,i have been using mozilla firefox for ages i altered its settings and my browser loads like the wind if your require info on how to do it then ,i will glady post something for u

hamouk graham

6. KD-did

KD-did

One of best things about using FoxFire is seeing ZERO... ZIP...NADA... popup ads

7. Gravy

Gravy

Those of you who use IE and are having popup problems should follow my advice in my Healthy Computer guide on how to use your HOSTS file in windows. My popup count is not zero but I would venture to say I don't recieve more than 5 per week.

Using Windows HOSTS file to secure your pc