Outline on graphics?

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by msaction, Feb 7, 2005.

1. msaction

msaction

I have imported a graphic and would like to have it outlined. I notice an outline option on the text, but can you outline your imported graphics, and how.

Thanx!

2. KD-did

KD-did

You can not outline in the traditional manner. but if you import and then modify remove white background you might be able to use shadow option effectively.

3. msaction

msaction

No outline on imported images?

Correct me if I am wrong, but it gives instructions in the included instruction guide? The instructions are extremely vague, and the option doesn't work for me. Using a shadow will only give me an 'outline' on two sides. I am overlapping a image over text, and need an outline on all four sides. Is there a way with the Logo Creator software to do this?

4. KD-did

KD-did

As a work around you could do the image with the shadow and export. Then reimport it as anew image and add a shadow again. then overlap the export files.

Depending what your project is ...if you could find a suitable dingbat. would would be able to outline it as dingbats are text like in what you can do to them.

5. msaction

msaction

Doesn't work.... Any other suggestions?

I tried your suggestion of applying a shadow, exporting it, and re-import the image and add a new shadow. The second shadow won't appear.

6. KD-did

KD-did

I was able to do it. I got my image, remove white backing then did my shadow, exported as png. Without saving as a TLC file I then opened a clean canvas. Repeated my steps in a different color.

7. msaction

msaction

Got It!!!!

After many, many attempts, I was able to get was I was looking for. Thanx for your help, wouldn't have got it without your help!

8. jamirae

jamirae

I've done this but I dont export and re-import. I just add the graphic in twice. the first time it's added, I put the shadow on two sides then I add the graphic again, place it exactly on top of the first one (so it looks like one graphic) then add the shadowing to the other two sides.

I guess that's basically teh same thing you're doing but without exporting and importing back in. II think I'm just lazy that way. :)