Out of Memory Error

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by Bob Emerson, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Bob Emerson

Bob Emerson

I sent in a message a month or so ago about this error. Got no reply from anyone. Decided to delete the Logo Creator and all the logo packages off the system. Reinstalled them all with the new ver 3.5 today and I still have the same errors.
    I'm running Windows SE with all updates from Microsoft. I deleted anything not needed that was running in the background. I have Nortin installed but disabled it and turned OFF the background programs.
    When I try and load Logo Creator I get an error that says:
    An error Occurred
    Not enough memory available for attemped oreration

If I say OK it loads some more and I get the error again. and it will load after a couple OK's then I open a logo and as it loads I get about three more erros (always the same one as above) and it will load. as I try and use the program I get more of the same error!!

I have 256meg of main memory and everything else I have installed on the computer seems to work fine. I also installed a memory manager to see if that would help it shows plenty of memory but I still get the same error. Logo Creator worked fine when I was using the older ver.

I was a little disapointed with not getting a responce from my e-mail. I didn't know at the time you had a forum. Hope I have better luck here...

2. Lats

Lats Staff Member

Are you still getting this error Bob?

3. Bob Emerson

Bob Emerson

Yep!!

Yep I still get them anytime I try and run the program...

4. Lats

Lats Staff Member

Umm, have you changed the way virtual memory is configured?

When I had 98, I recall that I had less memory problems when the virtual memory was setup as a server instead of a desktop machine.

Failing that, I can only suggest emailing Marc again, keeping in mind that he gets a LOT of email. :)

5. Bob Emerson

Bob Emerson

Workstation

No I haven't messed with the workstation. I don't change anything on that machine unless its a have to case. Thats the old workhorse pent III 650 I'll switch it to server mode and see if it helps.

6. CI4U

CI4U

I changed my setup to a server and still this problem continues...

I updated to the latest version of director player and still this problem continues...

I've uninstalled and re-installed and still this problem continues...

I've shut down EVERYTHING running in the background... And still this problem continues...

I've upgraded from 512 MB RAM to a GIG of RAM... And still this problem continues...

PLEASE...

ANY help would be greatly apppreciated...

An error occured:
    Not enough memory available for attempted operation

I have MORE than enough memory... THIS is the ONLY program this is happening with.

I'M AT MY WITS END!!!

7. KD-did

KD-did

There are a few things that will make computers lie...and will give you a false error code. That is the computer opts to give you a reason but isn't exactly the error code it should have sent....perhaps because there isn't a timed out error code. One thing that will cause timing out is files being buried too deep and it is just taking too long looking for file/files.. One cause ... is files being buried too far down because pathing titles are too long and and spyware attaching itself to files..... if you haven't already checked for adware/spyware on your computer you should. Adware/spyware the will add to characters to a titles and cause timing out.

8. CI4U

CI4U

I use XSoftSpy Spyware software... One of the most complete on the market... Nothing.

Virus scanner turned off... Nothing.

Checked and shut down almost EVERY running process on my PC... Nothing.

Program is simply installed in my PROGRAM FILES folder.

Does anyone know... Did Bob Emerson (The author of this thread) ever figure out what was causing his PC to do this same thing?

This is really driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance!

9. KD-did

KD-did

CI4U, do you have a mix of the retail version and downloads from Digital River version? What OS are you?

10. CI4U

CI4U

I am using Win 98 SE...

I have the retail version 3.0...

I upgrded it to 3.5...

Then to 3.6...

Then to 3.6.1...

But even if I uninstall the program completely... And re-install with just 3.0 again... It now gives me this error message...

Could it be that since I am now re-installing 3.0 and trying to upgrade to 3.6.1 that since it is skipping all the other upgrade steps (3.5 - 3.6) that it is now doing this to me?

It never USED to give me this message until I went thru the upgrades...

But it now gives me the message whether the program is upgraded or not.

(ha ha ha ha..... I'm even starting to confuse myself now.)

11. KD-did

KD-did

With some systems the order of how the different editions were installed did matter...I know it defies logic...Uninstall what you have and then try a fresh download of the download edition/editions and then install the retail version. and then do upgrade to 3.6.1.PLEASE be sure and report back.

12. CI4U

CI4U

I'm sorry for the delay in responding... (Have been out of town on business)

I did as you instructed Dumpcable and still the problem continues...

Here is an e-mail I recieved from a member named: cvirts

Not quite sure he is having the EXACT same issues as discribed in this thread... But seems to be simular.

Anyway...

As I said... Problem continues.

help?

13. CI4U

CI4U

Well guys...

Here we are...

Nearly a YEAR later...

Still no "FIX" for my problem explained in DETAIL earlier in this thread...

Well what do I do? Cut my losses and go on to a new program?

My PC is set up just fine...

2 GIGs of RAM are now present...

Use MANY differant graphics programs... NO PROBLEMS.

This is a problem that is unique to this program only... Where do I go from here?

It's not my virus scanner... It's NOT spyware... It's not my memory...

It's the program deciding to send a message... This never happened before I upgraded... Now even though I have uninstalled and re-installed just the basic program... It still happens when rendering...

GIVE UP?!

GO ON?!

PLEASE... Give me something to work with here... I think a YEAR is MORE than patient.

14. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

... Hello CI4U.

Since you had posted the above well over a year or so ago, I would kindly ask you to update to the latest version of The Logo Creator (or at least as far as version 4.1.

The update has been posted for about a year and a half - and the new version (5.0) has been online since March of this year.

5.0 is a paid upgrade for you ($19.95) but it will provid you with more than 75 additional logos from the set(s) you currently have with v3.
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/updates

Version 4 is a free upgrade.
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/updates/update41.html

I would also like to know if you are still running Windows 98.
    If so, I can't promise The Logo Creator will run smoothly on this system.
    Microsoft isn't even supporting it any longer.

Hope the above helps CI

- Marc