Orbs/Image and shapes Help?

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by Bel, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bel

Bel

Hello All,
    I have two questions that both relate to shapes, orbs.... Also know that I have searched the site but could not find anwsers to my questions--it they are already posted somewhere "my bad".

1st. I am using a orb in my logo--I want to put an image of the U.S flag into the orb. I do not want it to be to prominant, just to have the flag look like a reflection (this will be in grayscale or black and white No Color), similar to the globe orb that comes with TLC.

2nd. I want to put some bullets between my wording
    i.e. Muay Thai "bullet" Brazilian Jiujitsu "bullet" Wrestling "bullet" Judo

Thanks in advance to anyone with some advice.

2. KD-did

KD-did

Import your flag image and place it to behind the orb adjust the opacity of the orb and flag until you get desired results.

To handle "bullets" in a logo write your text leaving a space/s for your intended bullet. Then with the use of a dingbats for your "bullet" you can do the same effects or different effects...drag and place into spaces.

3. Bel

Bel

Thanks

KD:
    Thanks. Will I need to crop the flag pic in another program to make it fit the size of the orb. What is your suggestion on this? I am somewhat functional with TLC but not very with any other software.

Thanks,
    Bel

4. Worlock

Worlock Guest

You can use your "Scale Slider" to accomplish the size problem

5. KD-did

KD-did

The easiest way would be use the "Shapes" dingbat ( letter c)in the embedded fonts of TLC and color using "insert image" . See attachment for results of this technique or use Pixresizer to resize you image if you want the entire flag image in your orb.Pixresizer is available for FREE
    http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

Note the image for "insert image" will very on the size of the beginning image.

6. Bel

Bel

Thanks-giving it a try

Thanks Guys,
    Really appreciate it, I am going to give it a try and post the results later for some advice.

Thanks again!
    Bel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.