opinions/ideas please

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by ivory_kitten, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivory_kitten

ivory_kitten

hi we are doing a logo for our new company, here are a few ideas i have come up with, not quite sure though so input or new ideas much appreciated :)

trying to create something professional and contemporary, colours are not set in stone and neither are the fonts

thanks, elle

Attached Files:

2. Worlock

Worlock Guest

I would move the word Diamond over a bit as to not touch the logo element itself! Just my opinion on that, Otherwise I think they all look good with the color combinations. Maybe put the Words under the logo as well or put them at each side at an angle. Just something to consider :)

3. KD-did

KD-did

First off a big welcome to the forum ivory kitten! Great job on your logo concepts!!! A concept you might want to consider is to use a diamond (jewel type) shape rather than a geometric diamond shape. IMHO it would make your logo more memorable.

4. KD-did

KD-did

Sample concept

5. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Very nice KD, imho that logo shouts this is a classy company :image28:

6. z man

z man

Here's what I came up with.

Attached Files:

7. ivory_kitten

ivory_kitten

yes we did decide to move the text over, so i attach an updated version, but i do think its missing something still

KD, just wondering how you do the shiny effect on the diamond shape? did u use TLC or another program?

Z man, i like your gradients and your concept is similar to what my husband wanted (attached his now too), would i be able to have that diamond file? i haven't been able to find any good ones and well i'm not too good at drawing from scratch LOL

Attached Files:

8. KD-did

KD-did

The large diamond was done using Photoshop.
    The small diamond is an element found in under "Chris Elements"

9. ivory_kitten

ivory_kitten

glad u used something else coz i couldn't work out how to do it in TLC! thanks for the images i will keep playing!

10. 3DS

3DS

Hello Ivory Kitten!

Welcome Ivory Kitten.

Looks like you've jumped right into TLC with both feet! Nice going so far btw. Hey I just had a thought...what if you tried using any of the diamond shapes as the "O" in the word DIAMOND? or maybe the "A" if inverted? If it doesn't work oh well no harm done, just keep on what you was trying. Just keep at it, you'll get what you want soon.

11. z man

z man

Like KD-did mentioned, the diamond used is in TLC's element selections under "Chris Elements".

The concepts you and your husband came up with look really nice.:) Some excellent creativity going on.

I worked with my previous idea a bit and came up with another take on my previous concept.

Seth

Attached Files:

12. z man

z man

Another, using a real diamond element.

Attached Files:

13. KD-did

KD-did

another idea concept.

14. ivory_kitten

ivory_kitten

i love all your ideas, but none (including my own) really hit the spot, they all seem to be missing something, too bad i can't figure out what!!!!

i like the idea to use a "real" diamond and i like the aesthetics of my original concept but can't think of a way to have the real diamond incorporated in to it

Attached Files:

15. z man

z man

Some other concepts I came up with.

Seth

Attached Files:

16. KD-did

KD-did

Ivory Kitten, you have a great company name but in my opinion the company's name needs to bolder/stronger than the graphics. Without a doubt there are some very nice text effects seen in this thread but your company's name needs to be more prevalent and not take a back seat to the graphics. It isn't so much that something is missing as it is a case of sometimes less is more .

17. z man

z man

Here's a concept that "might" be close to what you're looking for.:)

Attached Files:

18. ivory_kitten

ivory_kitten

ooh i love that blue diamond! is that part of TLC?? i couldn't find it anywhere (i have megapak)...now that i finally got it working!!

i wanted to play around with some more ideas now that i have the proper version

19. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Heres some other diamonds if you want to play around with these to see if you can get an idea about your logo.

Attached Files:

20. Worlock

Worlock Guest

try something like this:

Attached Files:

• dh1.png
      dh1.png
      File size:
      30.4 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.