opinion and moving graphics

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by Skitzo, Jan 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skitzo

Skitzo

Hi,

I've attached the graphics I've created for my new logo. Do you like the logo with the trees on the bottom, or the one with just the pinecone?

Also, could someone please show me how to get the pine cone into the sunset without it looking so "choppy"? Is there a way to do this? I am using PaintShop Pro - is this the problem?

(Have I picked the right colour for the border - beige?)

Feel free to use these elements in your designs.

thanks for your help

Attached Files:

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Great Stuff Skitzo!

The image with the trees are best (my opinion).
    Brings the color out better.

I like the layout! Very nice.

Try cleaning up the trees a bit (I see white crusties around the pine cones).

You can try searching a site like: http://www.photoObjects.net for some more nature examples. PhotoObjects will give you clean images on white backgrounds.

If you have Photoshope or Paintshop pro - or Fireworks:
    (you can even use The Logo Creator, but it's a little more than I can type in here - I'll post a tutorial)

Delete the white background from the image and export as PNG with Alpha Channel. (not Transparent Gif - it'll leave the crusties).

If this logo is for a client, you should charge an extra $100 and work out the above. It's a great logo Skitzo.

- Marc

3. KD-did

KD-did

Skitzo, really great work! The logo with the trees at the bottom does decidely make for the idea it is a sunset compared to the one without. My observation is the white left in between the pine needles and on the tree tops needs to go... I, myself would use a background eraser on the images before importing it into TLC.

4. Skitzo

Skitzo

Thanks for the input.... ok...the background eraser? How do I do that? (sorry for my ignorance) - those white crusties are always a problem for me. It's probably a real basic step but no one has ever showed me how (I love the help I get with the TLC forum)

Oh this logo is not for a client. In fact, I've never sold any logo or graphic to anyone. It's just for my cottage. Looking for something I can put on a hat.

What is the best prg (ease of use) to do curved text? I want to put text in the beige part (TLC does it but it's all offset)

Ok... so how do I this background eraser thing (the TLC prg didn't quite do the job)

Here's another one - how does it compare?

Thanks again!

Attached Files:

5. KD-did

KD-did

Skitzo, you are not ignorant...you are inexperienced....image editors usually have "background erasers"...

I do happen to like the simplicity of your latest logo the best.I think having the name plate would be best...much easier to read. To fit text into a circle you adjust the radius...text size may have to be adjusted also.

6. KD-did

KD-did

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.