Opening V2.5 logos in V5.1

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by iandoc, Sep 11, 2007.

1. iandoc

iandoc

Hi Folks, can someone tell me what is required for me to open v2.5 logos in v5.1.

V2.5 files are saved as logoname.txt.tlc and according to the icon are recognised as LC V5.1 filetypes.

When i use the OPEN LOGO menu option in LC 5.1 i can see my old logos in the folder i saved them in, and can select them, but when i click OPEN it has a popup telling me this is "Not a Logo Creator Document"?

Please advise so I can access both the old logos and the new advantages of V5 without completely recreating my old v2.5 logos from scratch.

Thanks in anticipation!!

2. Worlock

Worlock Guest

1 thing to make sure of...Is that there are no spaces in the file name...I havent messed with WGC much but...I'll load it up and see if I can help any further.

3. iandoc

iandoc

Thanks

Hi Worlock ... its the Logo Creator v2.5 and Megapack v5.1 i have installed ... not WGC ... thanks

4. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Ok Let me see if I can get this right...Your taking a logo that you created in WGC and trying to open it in Logo Creator..Am I right?

Ok I took and installed WGC on my computer...opened it up and created a logo then saved it as a "Template" in My Template folder. I went to c:\program files\web graphics creator...Then opened up the folder "Art Center" and looked under "Logo Libraries" ...Then opened up "My Templates" folder to make sure it was there...Ok It was....Now I opened up The Logo Creator..Selected "Open Logo" and then selected the directory where the one was stored..And it opened right up for me...Best advice I can offer is do another one, Then when you save it...give it a name like "Test" ( without the quotation marks ) And make sure NO SPACES are between the name the period and tlc affix then try what I have mentioned above to see if it works for you this time ok? BTW there are no txt files that I saw in my folder. Just so you know its not suppose to have one there. If its getting saved as a txt file...Somethings wrong somewhere...Hope this helps you...good luck.

5. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Well this will be good for someone if they use WGC and Logo Creator as a team....can you say DUH!! :image06-1:

Ok Let me see what I can find out ..I got confused cause this is posted in WGC not TLC :D
    So I just assumed...I know...I know..... A-S-S-U-M-E Make an @$$ out of YOU and ME!! I get it!!!
    HAHAHAHAHA

6. iandoc

iandoc

Hi again, no WGC, just two versions of the Logo Creator ... 2.5 and 5.1. For example i have a logo from Logo Creator 2.5 saved as footy.txt.tlc. I cannot open it using Logo Creator v5 (see first post for error message). Even if i rename it to footy.tlc V5 still wont open it. I renamed it as i saw V5 logos no longer had the .txt part in their filename. I know it thinks its a V5 logo because if i double click on the footy.txt.tlc object Logo Creator V5 starts ...

7. iandoc

iandoc

Ooops sorry, i am new to forums and I SWORE i was in the right place! :(

8. Worlock

Worlock Guest

You are in the right place :) Your here on the forum!

Ok Im stumped on this one ... One reason is I never had a version older than 5.0 MegaPak...So Im afraid Im no help to you on this one...better move over and let the pros move in so you can get help...Sorry about this.

9. KD-did

KD-did

V2.5 of TLC had a completely different program "engine" than 5.1. I am unaware of any way for V5 to open a V2.5 logo file.

You can have both TLC run as seperate programs.