Opening a template then having to name it

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by traphen, Apr 3, 2014.

1. traphen

traphen

Just a question.....as of V6.8 I have noticed that when I open a template (albeit mine or standard one) I have to name it before it opens. Is this standard or just something in my setup. I find this extremely painful :banghead:(sorry) as sometimes I only want to view the template quickly and now have the extra step of saving it.. ( I know not really an issue.....but when you are quickly looking you need to stop and start all the time :dunno:)

Any Ideas? I Look forward to your assistance or ideas

Cheers
    Traphen

2. KD-did

KD-did

Once your folder where to save to is set up you should be able to see the Logo Templates (and add ons) in the SELECT menu without naming them first.

Attached Files:

3. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

If you 'click' a template to open it, rather than just viewing the small design, then yes you have to name it. This is actually a handy feature. It helps prevent overwriting the original template since this new version automatically saves your work.

If you had the full version 6 or v6.6 installed before upgrading to v6.8 then that version should still be installed. If you want to browse the way you suggest simply click the icon to open the old version, do your browsing, then come back to v6.8 to work. Round a bout way, but it works, and you don't have to name every template you open.

4. traphen

traphen

Ok Thanks for your assistance. Appreciate it :)

Cheers