Opening a previously saved logo file ... ?

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by SWAK, Feb 21, 2005.

1. SWAK

SWAK

Can someone please tell me if its even possible to open a previously saved logo file? I've saved as .jpeg, .giff, .tiff and each time I try to open the file in 3.6.1 it won't work.

Surely you can edit a previous saved file, right??

HELP!

2. KD-did

KD-did

To have an editable file in TLC you do a save. It will have an .tlc extension.To open a TLC file click on "open logo" under the heading FILE. The jpeg,giff and tiffs are like a screenshots and can only be imported into TLC.

3. grafXguy

grafXguy

Hi Katie,
    I guess that's why I've had problems opening a Tlc file that was saved "to my desktop" (Mac). When I click on the file on my "desktop"...a GAME from (KEWLBOX.com) opens?? I guess I have to save as, a jpg.-png.-tiff etc. file
    format first (which I did and was able to open o.k.) but I don't remember
    if it was just a "save as" or an "export"....does it matter?...little time to do
    "Trial and Error Method" right now...a right or wrong method answer sure
    would save some precious time!....Katie, really looking forward to more
    in this Hints & How To's....as I'm sure, many others are too!! As always...
    THANKS, to you & the others of TLC...always there with the Help, Advise,
    and Solutions...greatly appreciated!!!

4. KD-did

KD-did

When you 'save or save as' let TLC do it for you.. File.. click either "save or save as .. name the file if you want and click on save. You can choose where you want it saved .Desktop works for me :) You will then have a .tlc image file...which can be 100% modifiable. It is opened by hitting file. "OPEN logo" TLC files are easy to spot as they will have a small TLC icon next to the file's name.If you drag the Rt corner you will see all the elements that is in your logo....or of course you can click on and an element.

When you export in gif, jpeg or other format..you choose what extension it will have. Iit is a file that can not be changed.. It is the entire image, like a screen shot.

I ,myself always save the .tlc first then do any exporting. My reason for doing so is the save is done in a flash and there is less likelihood of losing my work. An export usually takes a little more time...depending on the format.