One of my first Logos

Discussion in 'FUN and Sharing Forum for Non-Creator stuff' started by DebbieR, Sep 6, 2005.

1. DebbieR

DebbieR

I've used it on the website already so will post the url for you to see. I'd like some feed back please. The girl I've made the Logo for really liked the black/white with the blue, which at the time just sorta happened as I was playing around with all the stuff in TLC!

http://www.geocities.com/debsrob61

2. richard_5001

richard_5001

Very nice!

The grayscale look really makes the blue lettering and "dust" (or whatever it is going in the bucket) stand out. Good job, Debbie R! :bana: I might have spread out the spacing on the word "House" and made that font a tad bit larger. However, if the client liked it a lot, that is what counts! Congrats

3. DebbieR

DebbieR

4. richard_5001

richard_5001

Sweet Shalom

That is nice too. I like what you did with Shalom (filling the letters with the pic of the Golden City). Question: Did you try putting the swoosh on the right instead of the left? That would make better use of the overall space the logo takes up--should make it all a more compact package. If you are still playing around with it, you could try to pick up the lighter blue in the swoosh for the blue bar behind "Sweet" or lighten up the bar with the opaque control. That would help the text stand out more. Keep at it DebbieR, you have a good eye!

5. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

nice work debbieR, although i don't think they would work in print (or b/w)
    They show lot's of creativity and that you sure know you're way around TLC.
    Keep up the good work and keep sharing your ideas and designs!
    MD

6. DebbieR

DebbieR

:thankyou: For all your comments

MD, what do you mean about printing them? Can you be more specific? :Painting:

7. Gravy

Gravy

What he means is if you converted it to greyscale what would it look like. The true test of a good logo is in how it will be used, if only used as a web graphic you can let your imagination run free but if you plan to print it for business cards, yellow page listings etc how does it look in shades of grey? A lot of images won't cross over very well when it comes to complex color arangements and/or color images.

Here is your second one converted to greyscale. You can see the word Sweet gets a little lost on its background and the images in the shalom word are less defined but not too badly.

Try changing the dark blue bar behind the word sweet to a lighter shade and maybe put a little space between your swooshies to let the daylight thru then see what it looks like in greyscale.

8. DebbieR

DebbieR

I see whatcha mean! I'd never thought of how it would look like printed actually so I've learned something new today! :bana: I'll keep that in mind. I'm glad I chose the black and white with the blue for the cleaning logo since it is being used for printing business cards, etc. :thankyou:

9. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

there you go!
    Couldn't have said it better myself
    MD