Ok, well how about mine

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by FrankfromFL, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrankfromFL

FrankfromFL

All you guys are amazing. I have been playing with TLC for a couple of days now and just signed up to the forum and holy **** am I impressed.

Since everybody is sending in their logos for critisism I thought I would upload mine to get some feedback. I know your ideas will be awesome.

The only problem I am having a hard time understanding is how to enlarge and not be so blurry. We want to actually use this on the side of our van

I uploaded it but now doesn't look good on here. hmmm

Frank

Attached Files:

2. KD-did

KD-did

FrankfromFL, you have a great concept for your logo. Did you happen to use another program to make a screen shot or resize your logo for showing here?

3. FrankfromFL

FrankfromFL

Yes I used Paint Shop Pro to resize. can I do this better with TLC?

Thanks

4. FrankfromFL

FrankfromFL

Trying this

let's see if this is better. Is it because of the high colors that I have to make it so small to upload? Just can't get it to look good on-line

Attached Files:

5. KD-did

KD-did

Some programs will add "artifacts" to your work and I believe that is what happened.
    For exporting choose 'more export options', choose a format and then you can drag the logo to a size that can be shown here in the forum. Once you click done it will return to the work size.

As for getting the logo a size that will work to put on your van...it is best to match the person who will actually be doing the work requirements. My local guy like to get a clean image exported PDF, he then enlarges it to whatever size he can get a crisp clean print out and the takes it to have it lazer copied. He then has all the details he needs.

6. FrankfromFL

FrankfromFL

thanks

thanks KD- you have been a big help. Mainly for the van logo.

I am impressed by your work. u r very talented.

Any ideas that you can give me on my logo?

Frank

7. KD-did

KD-did

I think I would have used a dingbat called "USats" for Flordia image because you do so much more with a dingbat than a clipart.. and probably placed the guard atop the state image. I'll show you what I mean about the Fl image made with a dingbat. This is made by having the dingbat in your system font files and typing a capitol letter i., adding color, outline and a shadow.

8. KD-did

KD-did

Not knowing exactly what you do do ...here are some other suggestions for images. Lifeguard or the god Neptune with his trident.

9. FrankfromFL

FrankfromFL

much better

It worked great. Thanks... here it is. The Florida graphic was the size hog.

UR the bomb, dude

Attached Files:

10. FrankfromFL

FrankfromFL

We manufacture a product called Tub-Guard that is put on new construction tubs to prevent damage while building is in progress.

11. KD-did

KD-did

The company name is no longer lost .

12. FrankfromFL

FrankfromFL

yeah, much better, i also added a little bit of shadowing to the letters this time

BTW, if you have a different idea for the mascot of figure, let me know. I have searched for days on Yahoo and the cop was the best I could find.

Thanks,
    Frank :banasplit

13. KD-did

KD-did

Look and see what Dave Sylvester has or better yet have him do a custom mascot for you. He is the artist on the cartoon and mascot editions of TLC.
    http://www.borpeantown.com/

14. FrankfromFL

FrankfromFL

Just emailed him. Thanks. I am sure he can come up with something. Thanks

15. KD-did

KD-did

I was thinking about your logo and came up with

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.