Ok some critiques or improvements needed

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by Gravy, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gravy

Gravy

This is a first draft of a logo I am doing as a freebie for a friend, anyone who wishes to comment or submit ideas feel free and will be appreciated. I feel a little stuck on this one, I guess because the name limits it so much.

Oh it is the intention of the user to put it on the side of a truck and eventually upon a trailer, business cards etc.

2. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

It's not bad gravy, cute mascot, i wouldn't use that color outline and or shadow, makes it look fuzy, maybe you could try yellow and black and no or a black outline.
    and i don't think you need the outline around the tel nr.
    Just my 2 cents.
    :beer:
    MD

3. Gravy

Gravy

Much appreciated MD I was trying to limit the colors involved and made the shadow the same color as the body on the bee.

4. MODCreations

MODCreations

Gravy I too like the Bee mascot. If it is for a truck I would maybe suggest a thicker font so it can stand out. Also maybe somehow make the "B" the black and yeallow then the rest yellow and black or another color. Just my thoughts. :goodluck

5. MODCreations

MODCreations

Gravy here are my offerings how you can use them or get some kind of idea out of them. :Painting:

Attached Files:

6. MODCreations

MODCreations

Gravy here is my second offering a logo hope this one helps too.

Attached Files:

7. D RAT2

D RAT2

I don't mean to sound like a scratched CD Gravy, but do you know that your design will have to be a vector image for the type of printing your friend is wanting to do? I will be willing to help you with that if needed. Just thought I'd mention it just in case you didn't know..

Also is the printed logo going to be on a white rectangular background ( like a magnetic sign) or is it going to be cut to shape using the vehicle color as the background?

8. Shelly

Shelly

Do you know there is a font called "AlphaBizzyBee" Here is a image I just quickly made.

Attached Files:

• bee.png
      bee.png
      File size:
      54.9 KB
      Views:
  9. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

3600 (!) fonts + dingbats,.....no wonder you would have something like "alphabizzybee"
    :bancha: :bancha: :bancha:

10. Gravy

Gravy

DR I'm trying to get more info from them but have'nt got an answer yet. I very well may need a little coaching from you since I've never done this before. I have about any graphcs editor imaginable so one of them should be able to supply the required format.

I asked them to find out from their printer what format and resolution he required, I didn't even consider it going on a magnetic sign. I'll see what I can find out.

Thanks for the tips all I'll work on the design again in the next day or two and post it here to see what you all think. I have to be at work really early all this week so I don't have time to fool with it right now.

11. Gravy

Gravy

noodling around what would you think of a honeycomb design to fill in the letters?

12. wannapic2002

wannapic2002

A bee landscaping here

Well?? it has a paint pot :-)

Attached Files:

13. Gravy

Gravy

An update, I still have'nt heard back from my friend the particulars when I requested more info. I started playing around in a new direction.

Critiques please?

PS Very nice Wannapic I believe the image will go on a white pick up truck so the dark background would make everything hard to read from a distance.

14. D RAT2

D RAT2

Simple design, easy to reproduce, would look good on a vehicle and business cards, would look good in black & white. Dog gone it Gravy I think you got it.. No but seriously it's simple and clean I like it. The only thing I would do different is make the "landscaping" font larger so it will be more noticable.

15. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

I agree mate, although i think the bee graphic could do with a bit of work (to me it looks like a wasp with an anthead) maybe something more cartoony?

16. Shelly

Shelly

Heres a cartoon type Bee I can offer you.

Attached Files:

• bee.gif
      bee.gif
      File size:
      9.6 KB
      Views:
  17. richvisions

richvisions

Just as an observer (and not a bit artistically talented), I like your original. It's clean and clever, and because it will also be used on their trucks, it's important that it's easy to read--which it is.

Sue

18. blackknight

blackknight

Now for my 2 cents. I like the honeycomb lettering and I like the panel in black below it with the flower pad as a graphic. If the truck is of a light color the darker panel will showcase the classy looking honeycomb effect of the lettering.
    I would use the same font on "landscaping" as I would on the header name "Bumblebee" only with perhaps a lighter weight than the header. The phone number should "bee" very readable, but not too much of a varience from the rest. A heavier weight in a light colored font; it doesn't have to be honeycomb. The telephone number can bee a little more prominent in the rear of vehicle as it will be seen in traffic more often I think. And if you are doing something classy looking with the honeycomb lettering, I would make it so the bee is noticable but not too cartoonish or domineering. Remember what you want the public to read, ie..what is the main message that you want people to identify with. Ok, maybee 3 cents worth.

19. Gravy

Gravy

She ended up liking the one of the grass patch I sent it to her in the size and format she wanted and never heard from her again.

This thread is 6 months old. LOL let it rest in peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.