Oh Great and Powerful Wizard of Oz.....

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Updates' started by myke, Feb 7, 2016.

1. myke

myke

Hello all,

New to the forum but have been using the software for a long time, it is a fantastic tool!

Looking for any foresight into the future if it's possible. I have a few time consuming template's that i have created using an older version of the software, lost my license information awhile back and recently re-purchased the latest version 7, Obviously the old template's I have saved are not compatible and I was considering recreating them in this new version 7.

Would anyone care to speculate about the future of this software and it's ability to maintain compatibility with my projects going foreword?

thank you !

2. KD-did

KD-did

It is the changes in the engines that drives the program that dictates what happens . It is what the industry uses.... currently that is Adobe Air.Before it was DirectX.

I can only give you my observations as I am not a Laughingbird Software employee.The way you can be prepared is to keep the elements that you used separately. The software's "engine" may change but it if you keep each element component separately you will always have the makings.Window machines have the option of running TLC 5.*, TLC6 and TC 7 all on the same machine but not so on Macs. Macs can NO on longer run version 5.

Being png/jpg are universal image files they don't rely on the software engine, however,the tlc (template) files are subject to the changes.

It is safer to use fonts from your SYSTEM font file. Embedded fonts may contain licensed fonts which may have expiration dates and be removed when versions change.

http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com...-custom-libraries-of-images.13869/#post-76646

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    gunsmoke likes this.
  3. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Welcome to the forum! KD-did pretty much said it all. Just keep the graphics you use to create your templates and you'll always be able to re-create them again.

4. snginc

snginc

Welcome to the forum!

5. myke

myke

Thank you for the welcome's, and for the reply's. I see that the version 7 dose a better job at organizing the required bits into a directory, that should also make it easier in the future.

6. KD-did

KD-did

You could make a folder with all the elements and put a name or designate number on it.Easy to find as they will appear in the drop down menu. NOTE:Some of the elements are db folders and content can not be added to those folders.