Object Resize

Discussion in 'Wish list for future releases' started by Roadster-2, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Roadster-2

Roadster-2

Wish List -

To be able to scale an object in one plane only rather than both at the same time. This would allow you to insert a rectangle using the Shapes font then make it longer or taller as desired. At present it will scale up/down both horizontal and vertical planes at the same time.

This would also allow you to turn Orbs into ellipses, alter the shape of Swooshes, stretch or highten fonts etc.

Regards
    Iain

:banana

2. jlp

jlp

I second this.

Recently I was hoping I could heighten an object to put 2 lines of text instead of one.

Jean-Louis

3. seedonna

seedonna

I third this motion... I'm finding myself putting together ideas through TLC and then building my actual logo design in Photoshop. TLC for me is just a thought process as it's not as versatile as I'd hoped it would be.

Although I do like the clipart/orbs and swooshes. :p

4. KD-did

KD-did

Height and width.....bring it on! :) It was so easy in the earlier editions with slide bars.....glad I still have the older versions:) [​IMG]

5. dleyanna

dleyanna

Independent Streatching...

Yes, this iv very much needed. Marc, this is what I was talking about in my meails...

djl

6. BFS

BFS

So this option no longer exists? I want to change the length of a rectangle insrted using the shapes font.

7. KD-did

KD-did

Being able to control either the height or length no longer exist as it did in V2. With later versions the entire rectangle image can be scaled larger or smaller but you can't control the height or width dimention separately.

I have found a work around. This will work with using the shape font (dingbat) or imported image but you need to do it and then add it to your project. Start with image/shape.Do all effects.Size the canvas to be just a little larger than the image. Then start to"export" image....this is where you can change the rectangle's dimensions by dragging/pushing corner or by inserting numbers . Finish exporting preferrable .png . Now you will have a custom made rectangle to import and make your logo with.

8. Doc

Doc Staff Member

That work around is a great idea KD good bit of lateral thinking :number:

9. BFS

BFS

Yeow. This program seems pretty clunky in this regard, given the capabilities of other available programs

10. KD-did

KD-did

BFS, it isn't the ideal I will agree but those that lack skills or other programs that allow image editing it is a solution.