not seamless enuff

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by HiJacKingQueen, Apr 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiJacKingQueen

HiJacKingQueen

i have just designed another new logo for a spades club. all the elements were taken from TLC.

i exported it to a png format - and it shows as a transparent image on microsoft viewer but when i uploaded it to the server, a white backing appears.

i removed the white backing and exported it as a transparent png but still same outcome.

so i decided to just have it in gif transparent format.

problem is that the logo frame still shows a white border even if i have chosen white as the transparent color.

i dont have any other better frames for now. tried to use the other images of TLC but they aint that clear when enlarged.

any advice on how i can make the logo's frame seamless with the background as a transparent image would be appreciated.

the logo can be viewed at this url:

http://plus1.igl.net/cgi-bin/ladder/teamsql/team_view.cgi?ladd=teamwos&num=86

2. Chris

Chris Staff Member

The white around it is because of the shine or blurry effect around the gold element.

Here is something you might try and play with. It is in Transparent PNG already. Just import it into TLC and then add your other elements and then export this one. It should work for you.

I added another one. I added a blend effect to it for you.

3. KD-did

KD-did

HiJacKingQueen , have you considered the fact that it might be the enlarging process that is causing you grief? Try dragging the image to the size you want in the export phase .
    What were you using to resize the image? I love Pixresizer as I have never seen artifats left in the process. It can handle pngs....and you might want to try Tpng.What is your DPI set at?

4. HiJacKingQueen

HiJacKingQueen

thanks a lot Mac for sharing. i will try those images. =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.