Not Really New But.............

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by praiZone, Jan 23, 2008.

1. praiZone

praiZone

I keep forgetting my password so, I'm kinda new!

I'm praiZe and I'll be coming out with a new magazine in May and I'm looking to create the effect on the Logo Creator.com Site of the Logo Creator Icon... if that makes sense.

I'm trying to create an "off the page kinda fat looking effect" to my logo for my mag.

I've got SO much to do, I know if I really played with it I could figure it out, but anyone with a 1-2 approach to achieving this, it would be so helpful.

I've been using Logo Creator for about 2 years and Marc is my hero! Awesome, Awesome programs and my customers love my work, I just need to become a little more tekkie in my approach.

Thanks bunches

praiZe

2. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Hi!

Make sure you give us a peek of that magazine of yours.

There are several members here that may be able to help you create the look that you're wanting.

Hop on over to our Help Wanted section and just ask.

3. praiZone

praiZone

Will Do Randy,

And that's quite an interesting avatar you have! I'm stuck in trying to create a "pepper" brand for one of my clients I'll have to intensively look and see which shapes you've incorporated!

Thanks again.... on my way to Help Wanted

praiZe

4. Randy...

Randy... Guest

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Yes, Chris is a talented guy!

Welcome to the forum praiZe!

I'm curious about your comment above.
    You mention you want to do an "off the page kinda fat looking effect" ... do you mean something like this?

http://www.webgraphicscreator.com/joomla/

If so, the a "PNG" image is what you're after.

The site above is a new Joomla website I'm working on. One of the main forum topics I'll be putting together is a "How to use Joomla" (http://www.joomla.com) for creating a website.

If that's not what you meant, let me know :)

- Marc

6. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

... and thanks for your kind words by the way :)

7. praiZone

praiZone

Thanks for responding Marc, and the comments perhaps were not KIND ENOUGH, Kudos to you for your insight and talent that's helped so many achieve success in logo creation!

I've attached the logo, it is flat in its effect but I want it to "POP" off the page

Any and all suggestions, comments, improvements etc are welcomed and appreciated!

praiZe

Attached Files:

8. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

do you mean like this

Attached Files:

9. 3DS

3DS

Hey Praize,

In the first five letters you have drop shadows that are created in different directions; causing some chaos to the eye. They seem to have alternating light sources, however subtle it may be, our eyes do pick these things up and to many viewers, "something" would just be "off".

As for your divider line, the drop shadow, imho, is separated just a little too far from it's subject. I wouldn't quite say it's a "no-no" but it's another little thing that can irritate the eye, unless there is a very good reason for it. And for a logo, not a good choice.

But, I do believe you do have something interesting going on when you've created the intersecting drop shadow colors between the "Z" & "o". This "contrast" (dark vs. light) may be something you may want to persue as an ongoing element in other versions, or not - totally up to you.

Keep logo-ing :)

10. KD-did

KD-did

Instead of using shadows try duplicating,then layering it just a little off to the top, bottom or to the side. If you color the duplication ever so slightly darker you can achieve a more 3D'ish look. If you still want a shadow be sure that it is on the bottom layer and keep it close to the text.