not centered, too much blank space

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by kris, May 30, 2007.

1. kris

kris

:image06-1:

my logo is in the top left hand corner. the format-justification is set for center.

when i try to center object on canvas...it puts everything(grouped) on top of itself???

help

kris

2. Worlock

Worlock Guest

what program is this your using? :)

3. kris

kris

logo creater v5..windows

4. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Sounds like you have all of your images/text grouped together. Is that correct?

5. Randy...

Randy... Guest

6. kris

kris

updating..yes they are grouped? is this correct?

7. Randy...

Randy... Guest

As you have them grouped, you'll be able to move them around the canvas at will and you can adjust your canvas size by 'grabbing' the edge with your mouse and resizing. But, if you use the center object function on the modify menu, it will stack everything in the center on top of each other.

The format - center justification only works for text.

Nothings wrong with your software, you just need to tweak the way your trying to use it.

8. kris

kris

so it will view properly when exported even though i can't see it because it is stacked on top of itself? that is where i quit because it didn't seem right.

k

9. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I don't think so. I'm sorry, if you're not understanding me. The center justification button that you refer to will not work when you group text and images together. It's only designed for text.

If you are finding that the canvas (blank space) is to large for the design you are putting together then you can resize the canvas to fit your design. The simple way is to grab the side of the canvas with your mouse and size it around your design.

Did that help better?

10. kris

kris

thanks digger but i don't seem to be having any luck with this. i am normally a pretty quick learner but this is pissing me off.

no, even when i drag the sides tight around my logo(looks okay)...it still exports too much space and the logo in the upper left corner.

help!:image14:

11. Wicked

Wicked

kris,

If you drag the box around multiple logo objects and then click to center on canvas it will group them all on top of each other.. All you need to do is drag the box over top of them and it will lock all the elements together.. Then just drag the entire logo to the center with your mouse.. I hope this is what you're trying to do. If not perhaps I didn't follow completely.

12. kris

kris

If you drag the box around multiple logo objects and then click to center on canvas it will group them all on top of each other.. okay, did that, can't read it.

All you need to do is drag the box over top of them and it will lock all the elements together what box? the one my logo is in? i can only adjust the right and bottom.

.. Then just drag the entire logo to the center with your mouse.. didn't we just center it by doing "center on canvas'? either way...it looks centered but it is not??

trying to replace the logo at the top of the page with the gray on it.
    here are two examples:

#1 is centered, tiny and unreadable.
    #2 is one the left upper corner with wasted space to the bottom right.
    both of these are three seperate text boxes grouped together.

#3 is perfect and is one text box.

Jackson Lady Strykers: Stryker News

13. Wicked

Wicked

My apologies I did not clarify the box thing.. You can take your mouse and hold in the left mouse click button and drag your mouse over the logo elements while in the software and after you have all the elements you want highlighted you then release the left mouse button.. That groups everything together.. You can then move every element that you dragged the box over and they will all move at the same time together.. The box Im talking about can be created by clicking anywhere in the whitespace (or what ever your background color is) and holding down the mouse click and moving the mouse around.

14. kris

kris

that was what i thought you meant when you said box. i was just checking.

okay, left click and drag, did it. the only thing that looked highlighted (like it does when you are copying something) was the soccer balls then it (the highlight) dissappeared when i released.

then i "center on canvas"?? did that...unreadable?

15. Wicked

Wicked

ok almost got it... lol.. we are getting there.. After release the highlight does disappear. However if you grab one of the elements you highlighted immediately after releasing it will move everything you highlighted just by holding down your mouse button and dragging it around the canvas.. You do not need to use any menu options for this so wipe menu options out of you're head.

16. kris

kris

okay, mind wiped. that is very easy btw. i am 6 months preggo! lol!

no matter where i put that group. it goes to the upper left?

thanks for not giving up!:image23:

17. Wicked

Wicked

I am starting to lose answers kris.. I tried to re create the problem you are explaining on my own software and I can not. Do have a program to take screen shots? If maybe I could visually see what you are saying I could maybe help a little more effectively. I feel bad that we did not get this figured out.. I am just really out of ideas as to what you are experiencing and how to fix it.

If I understand correctly though you are saying that one logo element is

HERE---- and then the other logo element is

-------------------------------------------------HERE?

And with in the Logo creator you can not get them to be

---------------------HERE---and
    ---------------------HERE---

However each time you place them together in the center after you release the button it throws text or image back up into the upper left corner?

18. kris

kris

did you go to the link in the 4:37 post? you should be able to see them.

i have run out of time and possibly patience, at least for now.

i think i am just going to make him pick one of the new logos instead!!! they seem to work fine??

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:SayingHi:

add on: oooppsss...i deleted them. oh well. have a great day!!!!

19. kris

kris

still having the same problem!!!!!!!!!!

now i am 35 weeks pregnant! patience are short. i need a
    "tearing my hair out" smiley!

now i have all this wasted space at the top and can't view the tezt at the bottom.

see attached.

please help!!

Attached Files:

20. Zipper

Zipper

Kris,
    You have your canvas size set at 3804x538, which is quite large as the default is 500x375. However if that is the sizd you want, you can just click on the text and move it around to wherever you want before you save it...