Not Able to import PNG files into 6.8

Discussion in 'Tips and tricks' started by mhollibush, Apr 16, 2014.

1. mhollibush

mhollibush

I am working with 6.8 and the first thing I noticed is that I am not able to import PNG files. I have tried the PNG files on 6.x and 4 - both work fine

Any ideas on what would cause this - and how to correct. error.JPG

2. KD-did

KD-did

Be sure that you are not trying to import a thumbnail of the PNG. Also you might try exporting the PNG from the desktop.

3. mhollibush

mhollibush

Tried from desktop - and the root of the drive - still no go - jpg are fine. just can't import any png files - I can import into other versions of Logo Creator with no issues.. Very frustrating - I use png files all the time for logos

4. KD-did

KD-did

It isn't a reported problem here. Try making the .png to PNG or vice versa.

5. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Are you on a MAC or PC? What is the size of the PNG you are trying to import? If on a PC, are you running the program as 'administrator' ? The more information we have, the better we can help you figure this out. :cowboyno:

6. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I seem to recall this same issue about 3 months ago. Turns out it had something to do with a server at a business... Unix based too--- and with Unix upper and lower case file extensions do matter.

Some users in the past have thought all they had to do was manually change the file extension too.... Interesting problem, I'll try to duplicate it....