1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Not able to export

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator' started by nadlewarrior, Feb 16, 2006.

1. nadlewarrior

nadlewarrior

I dl and read the tutorial by Home Biz (thanks btw). I've tried the OpenGL render and the 7 one. After the ebook is created in photorealistic module it doesn't save or export. I'll click on the camera logo, a very quick popup says rendered, then disappears. I've looked all over my computer and can't find where it supposedly is saved etc. Why doesn't it give me options for naming and such? This is very frustrating.:helpnow:

2. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Hello nadlewarrior. Welcome. After you click on the camera and the rendering window disappears you should get a window to pop up asking you where you want to save it at, choose where you want to save it and then type in the name of it that you want and the file format you want. Example of a name is yourpicture.jpeg or yourpicture.png. You must have the file format on the end or it wont save right.

3. nadlewarrior

nadlewarrior

That's the point of my concern, when I click on the camera the popup says rendering but only lasts a tenth of a second and closes itself out, it doesn't give me the option of saving or naming anything.

4. Chris

Chris Staff Member

make sure you are not clicking on your mouse or hitting any keys when it is rendering. If you hit either then it will cancel the render.

5. nadlewarrior

nadlewarrior

I'm not doing either. I mean yeah I need to use the mouse to click the camera but other than that I'm not hitting anything.

6. Chris

Chris Staff Member

hmmmm........

What version do you have? Have you tried the uninstall and reinstall of it yet to see if it fixes it?

7. pheasant

pheasant

I happen to have the very same problem.!!!
    After clicking the camera it saves my creation someplace as atext file in notepad sized at about 15 megs.

8. KD-did

KD-did

I suggest telling it where to save and give it an .ext. As I remember it defaulted to the desktop.
    When you export - type in any file extension.
    Type in "MyImage.Jpg" to create a jpeg image. Type in "MyImage.PNG" to export the image as a transparent PNG file! Type in ".bmp", ".gif" or ".tiff"!

You should be able to right click and tell it what program you want to open it.