non-profit organization logo

Discussion in 'Logo Designs' started by Scoops27, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoops27

Scoops27

Do you own The Logo Creator? Not yet

Type of design: logo plus banner

Summary: Non-profit organization. Funding oregon education, parenting advice, some ecommerce.

Full requirements: There are no requirements, no cartoony images please.

Company Name: A Better Oregon.com small emphasis on the ".com" (smaller font)

Desired tagline: Currently NA possibly "Together We Can" still choosing tagline

Color scheme: I like soft medium to dark blue colors, dynamic doesn't do it for me. Green shades are also good as they go with our state of Oregon

Desired style: Abstract, simple, professional, emphasis on professional with a community or family touch.

Notes to designers: If you wish to donate your design, we will place your company name as a corporate sponsor on our main page, with web design by-"your company name" on each page on the bottom footer. Also if all else fails if laughingbird wishes to donate software to us we will happily give them links to their website and a thank you message on our donators page, no further affiliation payments would be required, just giving you free advertisement. Just some thoughts, thanks guys if you have any questions regarding our design requests, just reply I am online most of the day til 5pm, after that it is family time. Thanks all! Edited by -Scoops- to withdraw payment request in forum. Sorry!

2. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Reminder to everyone - fees cannot be discussed online. If you choose to offer samples to this request, please discuss fees off line thru pm or email.

3. Scoops27

Scoops27

Applogize for that, should of assumed that by not seeing payment offers in other threads, i edited the post to remove the pricing request.

4. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Hey Scoops -- a little something to get the ball rollin.

Oregon5.jpg

Feedback appreciated.

5. Scoops27

Scoops27

Thanks Digger, that's something I was looking at just using a picture and standard font, that's up on my website now, just not published. I'm having creativity issues, so maybe new eyes will create the logo I have in my head way way back in my head. I'll bring some logos i've made in here to show you how my head is thinking, but my fingers are disagreeing lol

6. Scoops27

Scoops27

ok nevermind, guess i have to have them on my site before I can send them here, anyways i was thinking some sort of abstract mountain/river in the background, in no way dominate just a way to balance the logo make sense? Probably not but that's how my heads working.

Also I used a standard Impact font mainly cuz i have no fonts on my pc (not sure and a little lazy to find out how to install new fonts)
    a Better Oregon.com

not sure how that's gonna turn out, but basically the letter "a" and the ".com" are a 1/4 of the size of the words "Better Oregon" also I had a monarch butterfly landing on the .com word, the butterfly alone works very well for simplicity but adding anything else I ran into clutter and unbalance issues.

I know noone can discuss payments, but as you can guess I went out and spent my own money on the CIC program, but if anyone wants to submit a design that kicks the rear out of what my beginner level of experience can do, then go for it, i'd love to just be done with this!

7. Scoops27

Scoops27

maybe this works

found the attachment button lol

Attached Files:

8. Scoops27

Scoops27

just some other misc. clipart i'm trying to use

good luck , hope that helps you see what i'm trying to invision over here.

Attached Files:

9. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

Just trying to get a feel for what you are looking for

Attached Files:

10. Scoops27

Scoops27

Not bad for the first try. I'd put the "A" on the left and the .com on the right of the words, rather than top and bottom. The background banner is fine as far as implementing that to the heading of my site, maybe something more I dont know think "Mt. hood" snow cap, our state tree is Douglas fir.

On the Oregon side of it, something that says "oregon" is fine doesn't have to be an Oregon landmark, just says, wineries, skiing, beautiful coast, nice rivers.

I like the idea of trying to blend the name of our organization with a background banner like shown, it helps with the blending of the site layout as well. However I would like the name and a logo to remain obviously seperate but blended. That makes sense? So hard in words. I'll post a crappy version of what i'm talking about I guess. Hold on creating......hold on attaching... ok there it is. Something like that.

Also, a tree, animal, "mascot", symbol anything is a go for a logo just nothing to cartoony. I have the CIC so this logo will be put on letterhead as well. Thanks all for your attempts. Hope we get on the same page. I have a migraine from trying to get on my own page :P

Attached Files:

11. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Thanks for all the great feedback (this is exactly what makes the logo request process work) and the examples. My personal thoughts on your desire to lower case the "A" is that it just doesn't look good. The ".com" looks fine, but for a nice flow, the "A" looks better the same size. But, the Better Oregon could use a different font and colored differently to stand out.

Also, think about other things that you could use the logo for -- print, t-shirts, etc -- the basic logo should be simple enough for all of them. Then, it can be added to other elements for website layout & presentation.

I worked on a couple of other options last night and as soon as I get back home, I'll load those for you to view. (If Lamo or someone else doesn't get the design first!) :image10-2:

12. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

heres a different angle to look at!!!!!

Attached Files:

13. Scoops27

Scoops27

It's definitely better. I am looking for something smaller I guess? A good identity is neccessary but I do not care for it to over power my main page. This logo as far as me creating it, has looked the best with simplicity. Think bigger corporate logos like "pampers" they just have a symbol on top of the word. I would of had a logo done by now if my site or company name was only 1 word, but it's not so there goes the conflict with simplicity.

I tried to put a picture in the word Oregon as well, but to get any recognition from the picture i used the word has to be huge. I simply dont want that. I don't mind a banner for background, but I'd like to keep the logo itself to size of a half dollar on the screen. Even when I print a T-shirt it will be for kids education, or events that we are promoting, so the logo will not be over powering that either, maybe just a pocket area, with the web address on the back or something.

How about this, ocean, mountains, river, trees any of those images for the background banner is fine, even a backdrop of the city of Portland would work.
    I understand and can agree with the sizing of the letter "A" so just do what you do best and figure out the best way the whole thing works together as far as font goes. The .com doesn't even need to be there, users these days are educated enough to know their on the web and what site their on.

Logo icon/mascot/image Think education, community, donations, I am only 28so I think a fresher look of those things would interest me more. Thanks again for your attempts, it's fun watching each logo take on more life.

14. Randy...

Randy... Guest

A trick to the element within the text is to resize the element prior to placing it inside the text.

15. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

how about this

Attached Files:

16. Randy...

Randy... Guest

The green "O" is to different -- it looks like 'a better regan'.

17. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

hows this??????

Attached Files:

18. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I don't know, still doesn't look quite right....I can't place a finger on it, but I still have a hard time tying it together. Sorry -- I don't mean to upset you.

19. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

hows this

Attached Files:

20. Scoops27

Scoops27

Closer. Still cold though.

I like the blending of the letter O in Oregon, The tree isn't a style I enjoy but right idea. When I get some more time I'll look through some previous projects I've seen and post that for you, so you can see the style that made me want to purchase and post on this site.

ABetterOregon.com
    Together We Can

I'm still shifting through tag lines possibly
    Raising the Grade
    or something along the lines of
    Oregon's quality of education should match Oregon's Beauty.

But that usually is simple text, so all that can be added.

Oh and the sizing of yours lamo is fine, even smaller is fine too, but no bigger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.