No Support Here!

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by eBookDesigns, Aug 20, 2004.

1. eBookDesigns

eBookDesigns

Ok thats enough I have for the past 5 days left 2 messages in these forums and I have also emailed support and today I emailed Marc and I still have no answer to my purchasing the Expansion Object Pak and how to get the missing Objects.

So as I stated in my email to Marc I will be asking for a full refund of my purchase. This is really a shame because this is a nice Application but they can not provide support to their Customers.

Enjoy
    Ray
    eBook Designs

2. BassDaddy

BassDaddy

They can and they have supported their customers. If you have not been taken care of to your satisfaction, then by all means ask away. However, you may want to consider that Laughingbird Software is basically a one-man operation and everybody is wanting Marc to do this, build that, take care of me. Marc cannot read every post in the forum AND get his work done. You say you emailed Marc (on Friday) but he only works Mon-Fri and you are not the only person who is emailing him.

It is frustrating when your needs are not met, but if you will hang in there for a little longer, I am sure that Marc will take care of you, he always has for me.

By the way, are you using a free email program, such as Hotmail? They often filter out auto-replies and similar. You may want to double check any spam filters you have. Seen it happen before.

3. eBookDesigns

eBookDesigns

Hi BassDaddy,

It has now been 7 days since I first left messages in these forums I also emailed support and Marc, I see the web site has been upgraded also I got an email for a discount on buying a Expansion Pak no email to my question!

Enjoy
    Ray

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi BassDaddy.
    Thanks so much for your post here.

I really appreciate it.

I can't read every post. I try to! But it's tough. Answering my email and the forums and trying to get The eBook and Box Cover Creator out the door is all consuming.

(and by the way, I do work 7 days a week. However, I tend to turn off my eMail and phone so that I can focus on the work to solve the problems that are usually IN my email and phone messages :) )

Thanks again BD!

- Marc

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hello Ray.
    Thanks for the postings.

I'm sorry you haven't been taken care of for 7 days.
    I don't mean to have it appear that I'm ignoring you. Honestly, I've only today seen the posts!

The missing objects are the fault of the installer. It failed (due to my coding) to install the last 10 files.

These last 10 files are semi clip-art like files by the way. You can find ANY of these objects ANYwhere on the web if you're really stuck on needing a teddy bear or a guitar. The main objects (thankfully) are there. The custom made Orbs, swooshes, letters and borders. These are what make your logo unique anyway, so I'm happy that these were installed.

I'm working on fixing the installers (the Mac OSX, Mac OS9, Windows XP and Windows 98-2000 versions of the installer ... all have to be recompiled) and uploading them.

I'm uploading it all today (Monday).

- Marc

6. eBookDesigns

eBookDesigns

Thank you Marc,

I was only trying to get a point across to you that support to your customers should be #1 Priority!

If you can not be here because of your programming tasks then setup a new thread that can list the problems at hand and then your moderators can point the user to these threads.

You do have an excellent product here and I have recommended it to lots of my clients already, But what most people look for when purchasing software is how is the support for this product.

for an example I was fed up with paying MS$ $400 Plus to upgrade my compilers so I started looking around for new ones with great support I decided on the PowerBasic compiler after sitting in their forums for 3 months and watching their tech support.

Thank you
    Ray
    eBook Designs

7. CeramicsGirl

CeramicsGirl

New Installer still not giving last 10 objects

Mark,

I just downloaded the Expansion Pack (Thursday, Aug 26) and did not get the last 10 objects. I am using the Mac OS X download. I purchased that pack specifically for those items, like the paintbrush. If I wanted to search for other clip art i wouldn't have purchased this pack.

Any ideas on how I can get these, because I do love your app. I can't stop creating logos just for fun!

Thanks!
    Lynda Smith

8. jamirae

jamirae

9. jamirae

jamirae

oh wait... that is just the engine.. not the objects. uhg.. sorry about that.. I'll see if I can track down someone to help you out.

10. CeramicsGirl

CeramicsGirl

Thanks Jami!