No link

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by pvkid, Feb 17, 2006.

1. pvkid

pvkid

Am I missing something? I just created a ad that you can see here: http://www.internetpv.com/Biobody%20Ad's_Webpage.html
    Why does Flash Ad Creator not make the ad a active link, what good is it if no one can click on it to get to the page you are advertising?
    Jeff

2. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Welcome to the forum.

This will sound dumb, but did you get the link added into the ad correctly? www.yoursite.com............I have never had a problem with the linking part not working. We will get you going.

3. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

It does actually link to your page, pvkid. The link is present on your URl towards the end of the animation. The animation pulls up the little sign from the bottom that says
    BIOBODY BALANCE
    Burns Fat While You Sleep
    www.biobodyweb.com

It does pass by quickly though. The timing feature is one of the issues Marc is addressing for the upcoming update to Flash Ad Creator. Unfortunately, I'm not nearly profficient enough with Flash code and actionscript to make any suggestions to help you out.

4. pvkid

pvkid

So it does not make the whole ad a link? What are the chances that someone is going to wait and see your link in the ad for a split second and then click on it? Flash Ad Creator seems worthless to me if this is how it is.
    Jeff

<<It does pass by quickly though. The timing feature is one of the issues Marc is addressing for the upcoming update to Flash Ad Creator. Unfortunately, I'm not nearly proficient enough with Flash code and actionscript to make any suggestions to help you out.[/QUOTE]

5. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

i just did an export on that template with url and the ad redirects to my website.
    please make sure this part of the data.txt is filled out right. file is located in the assets folder
    it should look something like this:
    Code:
    hyperlink~text9~cybrnetico.2ya.com~http://cybrnetico.2ya.com~
    text9_hyperlink~center
    If not PM me with your data txt file.

good luck

6. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi PV.

Nice Ad :D

... and good point.
    I'll see what I can do about updating the entire last frame of the animation to point to the URL (instead of the small link).

See? Feedback is important.

The next update is just around the corner. We are desperatly working on the "stand alone .swf" issue. (I don't want the assets folder anymore!).

This is really a Macromedia/Flash issue. I've put in word with the Macromedia team and have obtained a license to export to Flash - but its really a tough one.

Hang in there PV. And thanks for the feedback.

- Marc