No image in Flash Ad export - Help

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by 13code, Apr 9, 2006.

1. 13code

13code

The instructions seem simple enough to use the Flash Ad Creator. Choose a template, enter text, and get pictures.
    I followed the instructions and I can see everything just fine in the preview.
    Then I "Export" and try to view it on the web page: the template is fine but with NO pictures and part of the text has gone back to the default (www.companyname.com). All required items are in the same folder. Yet it doesn't work for me.
    I have uninstalled, downloaded the update, and retried different templates. None work. Anyone have any ideas or can help? Because, so far, I feel I wasted $40 bucks and my time with this program.
    :getting n

2. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

did you actually upload the files to an ftp server or the export where you saved it on your computer is not displaying right??

3. 13code

13code

I figured out what my problem is/was! The "&" symbol cannot be used as part of the text in the picture descriptions (which I had used). It stops the files and pictures at that spot in the text document on the flash. So the simple program had a simple answer. Works just fine, but don't use the "&".
    Thanks for your input!

4. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

Excellent, great info 13code!:attention

5. tonykery

tonykery

What do you mean by saying the "&" symbol?

6. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

i think the swf file cannot handle this type of filename: jon&pam.jpg better to rename to johnandpam.jpg

7. 13code

13code

The "&" symbol is located on "7" when you use shift.