No Elements After Installing The Logo Creator V6.6

Discussion in 'The Creator V 7 Bug Reports' started by smudger1767, Oct 5, 2013.

1. smudger1767

smudger1767

Hi all
    I was using the logo creator 5.2 and I have just updated to the new improved version 6.6, but now I have no graphic elements at all, where it says Select Sets Of Elements, there's nothing there.

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Version 5.2 kept it's elements and logos right with it, where ever it was installed.

In 6.0 and above the elements and templates must be here to show up in the pulldown menus.

C:\Users\Glenn\Documents\Laughingbird Documents (the glenn would be different on your computer) n.JPG

3. Anitaku

Anitaku

Help please - I have been using the 6.6 version but haven't used it for a while I opened it today and I can't open the select template drop down box it just goes to my templates and tells me I haven't any saved which I have by the way. I have my folders I can find them but can't understand why i can't access the templates. Can you help please. I have the animated figures as well as the ordinary ones.

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Search your computer for the following, when you find it, DELETE ALL OF THEM!

DS_STORE.

TO SEARCH YOUR ENTIRE COMPUTER TYPE THIS IN YOUR SEARCH BOX:

*.DS_STORE

5. Richg

Richg

Help! I just purchased Logo Creator 6.6 and installed it on my Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. When I attempt to open a template, it only displays the text, but none of the graphics accompanying the template. If I try to click and drag any graphic to the template it doesn't register. I am working with a deadline and need to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible. How can I get the templates to open (and edit) as they should?

6. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

7. Richg

Richg

I'm a bit confused by the link you sent me to. It appears I have to repurchase Logo Creator and the People Pak again to download the software that should work with my computer. Is this correct? I already paid $37 and am reluctant to do so again. Also this page appears to be exactly the same as the one I used to purchase and download the product yesterday. Are you certain that it will work? If I have to pay an additional $37 I'm assuming you will reimburse me for the original payment, it doesn't seem correct that I should have to pay twice for this software product. Is there a link to update that I am just not finding on the page you sent me?

8. KD-did

KD-did

9. Alc

Alc

I am tried to look for template folder in my computer but all empty.
    I was sent few months ago or even a year ago do not remember a link to update had problems since then to get to work and never got it to work.
    I upgraded from a very old version think it was even in a disk but lost it I did have it on my old pc.
    Tried to use again now but remember never got it to work.
    So I see no templates in tool not even any icons or orbs or images nothing to use I can only create simple basic template.
    Please advise is there a way I can just upload the whole software is there a update button that will load everything?
    I was thinking of buying the timeline pack will you be adding more templates to it later do we get free updates for life?
    Do you normally add new templates to your packs as time goes by?
    Last question sorry for so many are we able to upload our own templates or graphics even other logo templates from other logo tools and store them in a custom made folder for easy use?
    This would be a great feature update this already is I think the best ALL IN ONE graphics tool I have seen that is easy to use.
    Thanks.

10. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Updates are "Just around the corner" that will update the software pretty much automatically, should be more tightly integrated to your OS, and be somewhat transparent as far as the end user goes.

To the best of my knowledge additions to template paks (such as the facebook timeline templates) have never been done. Once you get the template pak, that's it, no more additions (Like 10 christmas theme add ons to the facebook pack.

Creating customized libraries of your own graphics (including photos!) is quite easy-- I've already created a 2 page pdf handout describing how to do it. I will post the link at the end of this response.

To create your own templates, you simply use The Logo Creator. To create your own graphic (Such as a facebook timline template) you first need to create the graphic using something like photoshop, and create some areas that are "Masked off" that you can drop pictures behind for example.

To create a blank facebook template in the logo creator Just size the canvas to 851 x 315. I recommend creating blank templates for all the basic stuff: one template for business cards, another blank template for 5 x7" photos, another blank template sized for bumper stickers for example. All the sizes in PPI can be located on any number of web sites.

I am the expert at creating custom libraries, just follow the directions in the attached file and you will be good to go! For all your images to show up, you basically have to convert them to the PNG format-- there are any number of free programs that can do "Batch conversions"

It's easiest I think if you just print up the two page pdf file.
    Enjoy!

11. Alc

Alc

Thanks for quick reply so on the next update I can just click and update or download and install?

Will this fix my problem that I do not have any pre built templates or orbs or buttons to use totally empty?

Do you have any idea how long til the update do not mind waiting for a week or two but cannot wait for much more I need to use the tool soon?

If longer any way of fixing this or getting a download link to the complete tool with all the missing elements?

Thanks again.

12. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

There are only 2 or 3 reasons you can't see any of the templates:

1. They are not installed in the right location.
    2. When you installed the program, you did under some elses' account (LIke you and your wife share the computer, but you both have your own unique log in)
    3. Your original downloaded files were "bogus"--- for any number of reasons---- FOR EXAMPLE: Yyou go to install the people pak, it looks like it installed just fine, BUT IT DIDN'T!

My first message in this thread gives an example of file locations. THIS ARE NOT NEGOTIABLE, YOUR STUFF ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY HAS TO BE THERE.

I do not have any specific answer about the "update" issue.

For two of the add on paks (the facebook timeline ones, and the people pak) I ended up using a free zip utility called "7 zip" to correctly unzip the files.

13. Alc

Alc

Ok guess that makes sense I can only say that if I did not buy the tool I would not have access to the email in your system and no I am not married or does anyone in my computer have access but me. Like I said I see the folders in my computer but its empty.
    I have been in your system for years that is why I get emails sent to me for years. I never really had use til now and its been guess more than 5 years or more not sure I do remember it was in disk form guess I filled online registration. I lost the disk a while ago and also changed my computer not sure if I lost everything in the backup or if I backed it at all.

Anyway I hope this will be fixed for me when the update comes out hope I can just download the whole software with everything intact.
    Thanks.

14. KD-did

KD-did

I wonder if your previous version was older than V5 or actually missing component that would be necessary. Causing an issue being the case the latest version would not install correctly. Check out the support page that suggest a problem.

Attached Files:

15. Alc

Alc

I think it may be older since I remember it was on a cd and this was a few years ago I did contact I think the creator I spotted him on the warrior forum and said I lost my software and if he could check my email. He send me a link to login to member area and used the forgot pw link and my email was in the system and got new pw and download but was missing all the templates and orbs and stuff. I remember the page stated that I would need the original install of software but I did not have. Is there any way of getting the link to full version without paying again?

16. KD-did

KD-did

That is under Marc's control, he is the ONLY one with any sales information and knowledge of links..

gcuneo2 likes this.