Newbie Resolution/Canvas Issues (Please help!)

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by JRock, Jul 13, 2012.

1. JRock

JRock

Here's what I'm trying to do...

I need to create splash pages and banner images of different sizes and I'm missing something here because all my images are blurry.

Example:
    If the requirement is a 72x72 (72dpi) do I make the canvas that? (that's a tough one to create in something that small)

Is it in the setup? or in the saving or exporting?

2. KD-did

KD-did

If using V6 you'll find it easier to set the canvas shape (square or rectangular) and use 3rd party software to re-size to the 72X72 size

3. JRock

JRock

Ok, so I do need other software to resize...

What do you recommend? I'm on a MAC...

4. KD-did

KD-did

5. JRock

JRock

Thanks...
    I think I'm still doing something wrong. It looks great in TLC, on a big canvas...but when I resize it ...it's a pixalated mess.

What am I missing?

6. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

So what you are saying is that the images will only be used on web pages?

DPI is usually used when referencing output of a printer--- pictures printed at 100 dpi look ok (but look great when viewed on a monitor), but pictures printed at 300dpi (or higher) just look crisp.

FOR EXAMPLE:
    A leaderboard banner= 728 x 90
    A full banner= 468 x 60
    Those measurements are in pixels. That's it, just pixels.

You can set you canvas to those sizes (I've made blank templates of lots of stuff (envelopes, Half page, quarter page, business card size, etc...) and save them under my templates just to have various preformatted sizes available.

When you export your images (lets say it's a leaderboard banner at 728 x 90 pixels) in TLC I believe it does so at whatever dimensions you set up, but at a standard 300dpi resolution.

BLURRY IMAGES...

By any chance are you manually resizing the exported logos, using a program like powerpoint?
    You aren't "exploring" and just clicking on an "image" in some file directory are you? Some in the past have done that, and were working with the thumbnail image TLC in the pulldown menu-- which are very tiny files!

7. JRock

JRock

In most cases, I'm just using text with some cool font in TLC and then exporting.
    When I resize it to let's say, 72x72...export...When I open it, I get a blurry mess.

8. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

What program are you using to resize the exported image?

9. JRock

JRock

10. KD-did

KD-did

72X72 is extremely small for anything text... you could try a different font.