Newbie needs help willing to pay for solution

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by irishmist, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irishmist

irishmist

Hello all,

I am trying to have the attached file open as an image in TLC and to drop a further image behind it, so that the wavy line covers part of my image. My problem is that I cannot ( have not got the skills ) to make the white part transparent. When I drop the jpeg version of the psd into logo creator it is recieved as a white not as a transparent. If someone could be so kind as to make it for me I would happily pay them. Any help greatfully recieved.

Oh......Sorry could'nt upload psd as file is 290 kb I can email it to anyone that's interested.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. GraphiXcode

GraphiXcode

I have the background transparent on the file. I need you to email me so I can send it to you. UNCBrat@hotmail.com . Have a great day !

3. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

hmmmm well that didnt work....

Easy thing to do is whenever you have an object sitting on a white backgroung, you can import it into TLC and then "remove white backing" from the Modify menu....

4. GraphiXcode

GraphiXcode

If you take the image into a "photo" program and delete the background.. you can export it as a "gif" image and it will work that way...

5. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

Yup! That'll work too... many ways to skin the cat :D

6. irishmist

irishmist

Thanks, everyone ......perfect advice, I just hit the "REMOVE WHITE BACKGROUND"
    and hey presto......what a dummy I am.
    The trouble is....my new problem is the fuzzy white stuff at the top wavy edge, visible when you put a picture into it. Please any suggestions.

Again a big Thankyou!

7. irishmist

irishmist

Thinking about it, I have about 4 of these image frames that I can send as psd or jpegs that need the edges cleaning up, to work in tlc. I just can't get my head around pshop. If someones will to help, please email me. I can be trusted to honour any payment.

8. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

just use any image editor that you feel comfortable with and go in and work on those fuzzy areas. working with white against white can be a pain though so you might try filling that middle area with another color so you can see the bad areas to work on. Then when you are done, fill it with white again.

9. KD-did

KD-did

irishmist, you might find using the lasso IN PS an easier tool to work with. After launching PS get your image file .Choose the lasso tool .Trace around the image edge that you want, then go to edit..then copy it. Then click on FILE,then on "new" . You will then "paste" it . You will see what you lassoed on a transparent background. "Save", name the file and choose jpeg and tell where you want it go to...(desktop, floppy etc) Use that image file for TLC.

10. mother

mother

logo

17580525001190d4

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.