Newbe Needs help

Discussion in 'Logo Designs' started by Brushy Bill, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Brushy Bill

Brushy Bill

Attached is a logo I did the first day That I had this software.
    I had it done in about 6 hours of fiddling through it. But I messed around for another 5-6 hours changing fonts, colors, shadows, you know how it is.
    The thing that I need help with is the Disk in the center (the waterfall) was cropped from a poor quality jpg file. Some how, I was able to get rid of the square corners that was left from the cropping process. ( they show up white) But as I said, i did it about the middle of a close to 12 straight hour session with the software. And I was too loopy to remember how I did it. I have found several images that will look better and I just can't get rid of these residual corners left from the cropping.
    I have read some of the tutorials in the forum on "masking"
    Is this the process I need to explore to clean up these cropped images?
    I hope that someone can point me in the right direction.
    Thanks for your time,
    Brushy Bill

Attached Files:

2. KD-did

KD-did

Bill, what maybe the easiest way for you to handle this is to use your PrintShop to crop a circle of your desired image and use that image exported as a png from PS. Or if you care just to use TLC then I suggest using the technique for "How to make custom glass orbs with images inside" with or without the glass overlays...your preference .
    http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6805

3. Brushy Bill

Brushy Bill

Thanks KD

I saw your thing on the orbs. They would help any image in my opinion. I will take another look at that. btw, just downloaded 50 great images that you posted they were GREAT.
    As for print shop, I have been cropping them there and when I import them into TLC, i get the "Ghost" (for lack of knowing what else to call it) of the original corners.
    I will look at the orb thing and see what I can accomplish.
    This stuff is dificult for me untill I do it right a few times.
    Thanks again,
    Brushy Bill
    Edit, That must be it, I have been saving and importing jpg images.
    This forum is a real learning curve saver.

4. KD-did

KD-did

Yes, saving as a jpg will always show a "bindingbox"...the white background you are seeing on your export. Some file formats will clean up nicely when you use the "remove white background" found under the MODIFY tab but jpgs always leaves artifacts.