New Update Issues

Discussion in 'General Support' started by mbernard, Mar 29, 2014.

1. mbernard

mbernard

Having more problems with the new update.
    • I cannot access my templates that were created with new 6.8.
    • Every time, I start on something, I need to name it.
    • Now I need to open template from folder, the program is not recognizing the .tlc files.
    • Please advise

2. mbernard

mbernard

The new update is not the best laughingbird, not the best.

3. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Actually it is by far the best. Your program seems to be working fine by your description. v6.8 does not come with ANY templates of its own. It is simply an update and bug fix of the core program.

The first time you run it, it will ask you to name a file ( this is actually going to be your 'working' folder ). Once you choose a name for your working folder all your templates and content that you had before should be available to you.

When you select to open a template it will ask you for a name. This is because it will now 'auto-save' in your working folder. As you make changes, even if you exit the program, a copy will be saved in the folder you created. When you finish a logo then you can leave it in the working directory, or you can 'Save a Version' in a different location. What I've done is create folders for myself and my Clients and I save the finished product in the Client folder. Create your Client folders in /documents/Laughingbird Documents/Logo Libraries/ and when you run TLC you will see those folders listed on the left where you select templates. Works very well.

With the new changes hopefully you'll never lose your work if something goes wrong. You'll always have a copy of what you were working on in that first startup folder you create. If it gets to full of stuff you don't want anymore, just go to the folder on your hard disk and delete what you don't want.

Let me know if you still have any questions.

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

PLEASE PRETEND ANY FILE WITH THE "TLC" FILE EXTENSION DOES NOT EXIST! From within the program you only navigate as far as the FOLDER with the logo name.

That tlc file tells the software how to put all the components together for that logo. It's not like in MS-Word where you can right mouse click and select OPEN WITH when choosing what program. ALWAYS open the program first.

NOTE: Templates (which contain TLC files) like a1wow.tlc from version 5.3 and earlier will not work in versions 6.0 and above of the Logo Creator.