New to TLC

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by treyday, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. treyday

treyday

Can anyone help me come up with a logo for storms? Like twisters, tornados or just lighting. Maybe a yellow moon or something like that?

2. D RAT2

D RAT2

Are you looking for artwork?

3. treyday

treyday

Yes anything I can add to TLC to create a logo using storm images or just creating one with TLC itself.

4. Gravy

Gravy

Dont know if this will help but here is my very own TLC twister that I made some time ago feel free to use it anyway you wish.

It was made entirely in TLC with a process I call squishing shadows.

I've also included the storm loop I made to make the twister with.

5. treyday

treyday

That looks great! I think I can actually use this, thank you very much.
    So you made this with TLC?

6. Chris

Chris Staff Member

That looks awesome Gravy. Might be a tutorial in your future..............

Do I see a few swooshes in it?

7. Chris

Chris Staff Member

OK Gravy I had to give it a try with some of my swoosh art. Here is what I came up with. It is on a transparent background and you can use this one to anyway you want if you want to. All done in TLC also.

8. treyday

treyday

WOW you guys are good! Is there some documentation on using TLC so I can make stuff like this in the future or is it just OJT?

9. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Me I just play around with the swooshes in TLC till I get what I want.

The tornado above was done with two swooshes all I did was duplicate them and then shrunk each one down to form the tornado. I then added a shadow behind each swoosh to give it the dirt look behind it. Shadow color brown. Next I colored each swoosh in the tornado with a gradient fill and used black and a light grey colors, then set the gradient colors used to 5. Next rotated the gradient colors 90 degrees. Then I placed another 3 swooshes around the tornado to give it the swirl feel. I colored those 3 swooshes black and then turned on the blur for them and set it to 28.

That is it. Sorry for a sloppy post on how I did it.

10. KD-did

KD-did

Great work guys. There are several weather dingbats that could be used for your project...here is some free clipart that has been made using weather dingbats.
    http://www.designedtoat.com/weather.htm

11. treyday

treyday

Thanks Mac27 I understood what you typed. That will give me a starting place to learn more about this TLC.

12. treyday

treyday

Thank you KD-did, those will be very useful for the rest of my site. You all are awesome!

13. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Hey trey to give you some more ideas of what can be done with swooshes in TLC take a look here at some other things I have done with TLC swooshes:

http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3164

P.S. I am glad you understood what I typed. I was kinda confused a little myself.LOL

14. treyday

treyday

You did all those in TLC? I must be misunderstanding, so you create outside of TLC and add the file and work on it from there correct?

15. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Yes those were all done in TLC, and TLC only. I call it swoosh art. There is one image that I did of a car that I did use swooshes but edited the swooshes a little in another program to give it a chrome look. All I do is picture a drawing of something with no color and then find swooshes to match the lines in the drawing and put them together.

16. treyday

treyday

well that is pretty awesome! I didn't know you could do that. I defintely need to work with this more. you do good work!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.