New member intro

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by Toma, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Toma

Toma

Hi,

I have been using Laughing bird products for a while to do my websites, business cards brochures etc. and I really like what it can do for me. I lost my web graphics creator in a computer crash that forced me to move to a Vista machine. I came to the forum today to find out if Laughing Bird will work for a new application. That will be in a separate post.

I am supposed to be retired but I work harder longer hours now than I ever did when I had a real job. Now I am on a mission to help as many other type 2 diabetics as I can. I was close to death when I was diagnosed and now have great labs. I do it with diet and no medications. That is what I an trying to share with the world through my websites, my books and my radio show.

As a sideline, I also help other people with their websites and the laughing Bird software helps me make the web graphics. Laughing Bird is my favorite graphics software because it is so easy to use.

2. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Hi Toma!

Thanks for such a great introduction to yourself. Diabetes runs in my family, so at 34 years of age, I decided to start eating right and controlling any potentional health problems thru diet. I'll definitely check out your websites.

Welcome to the forum!

3. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

you will find that all laughing bird products are vista friendly,i have just installed a new Os vista ultimate and everything is working find if not better!!

welcome to the forum and the mad house

4. KD-did

KD-did

5. Toma

Toma

Thank you for the reply Randy.

I hope my sites can be of help to you. When I was diagnosed my A1C was 20.9 with a BG of 570 when I arrived at the emergency room. For the past 2 3/4 years A1C has been between 5.0-5.6 maintained with diet and no meds. I prefer to use an optimized diet as opposed to diet restrictions. It is a hair line distinction but I hate to be restricted but I do not mind at all optimizing. It is a mental game I know but it works. By optimizing I am trying to get the most per calorie and make sure they are the best calories I can eat to control my diabetes. Over the past 5 years there has been a lot of research indicating the common thread for many chronic diseases is the inflammatory part of our diets. Remove the inflammatory foods, add the good anti inflammatory foods and a lot of chronic conditions improve or go away.

6. Toma

Toma

KD-did I did buy it online but finding any kind of receipt has proven futal. It is not in my paypal account so I must have used some other method. This time I will get a cd backup. But before I buy it again I want to know it will do the png 24 transparencies I need at present.

7. KD-did

KD-did