New logo

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by Sun Country, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Sun Country

Sun Country

Hello

Just looking for some feed back on this, good or bad. This is the second time around designing this logo. The first time out it looked like I was trying too hard. too clutterd. After I lived with it for awhile a picked out the elements I liked and tried again.The reason for the blackground? It's going on a dark green mini van and I wanted some idea of what it might look like

Sun Country

2. KD-did

KD-did

That is going to make one great looking van. :)

3. Sun Country

Sun Country

Thank you Katie.

The one problem I find is once you have the logo to a point where you feel you are done you can't help but keep tinkering with it. Definitely addictive.

Thank you again.

Sun Country

4. jamirae

jamirae

oh yes, nice, eye catching logo! great job! :)

5. Sun Country

Sun Country

Hello Jamirae

Thank you for your input glad you liked it. I may post 2 or 3 others I've done in a week or so

Thanks

Sun Country

6. hoangduong

hoangduong

Thanks lot

7. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

Very true! It's almost like gambling...quit while your ahead! :) Otherwise you will be messing with it for a hundred years!

Nice layout for the logo by the way.

Couple of things to keep in mind though... It is best to stick to one or two fonts. Right now you have four different fonts. When having a logo or text etc. on a moving object such as a vehicle, you want it to stand out and be readable right away. To many fonts will make it hard to read. I like your fonts, but maybe keep the "a wise choice for quality giftware" the same font. You can mix it up and make it bold and regular however.

Oh, and since you are having this on a dark green mini van, try white text for the "a wise choice..."

Hope this helps. Great start though, really.

-Dave

8. Sun Country

Sun Country

Thanks for your input Dave

What was it I said about tinkering, here we go again. Going to take your advice and see what I can come up with. As the holiday season is coming up I won't be able to get this on the van until the new year so I still have some time to play with it

All the best in the new year

Sun Country

9. dolsson

dolsson

Color Change Suggestion

Great logo! I'd have to agree with Dave, though, that the green "A ... Choice for Quality Giftware" will not contrast well on a green van, unless the green is virtually black, like the current logo background.

David

10. Sun Country

Sun Country

Hello David -
    Sorry for taking so long to reply, got wrapped up in the holiday season. I think the lettering in a light green should work, as it is going against a dark racing green. I have limited the lettering to 2 font types and it does look better. Thanks a lot for your advice. Have a good year.

Sun Country.

11. rich

rich

Hi
    I really like it.
    Rich

12. Sun Country

Sun Country

Hello Rich -
    Thank you for your positive input - I am still tinkering with it, as it is going on the van with vinyl, not until the warmer weather, I have plenty of time to try different things.
    Thanks again.
    Sun Country

13. Didgeridoo

Didgeridoo

Can someone please tell me how to import a logo into the forum ?
    :)

14. jamirae

jamirae

make sure you are in the "advanced mode" when typing in your message (as opposed to "quick reply" and you'll see a "manage attachments" sections under your message that you are typing in. That's the area where you upload your logo in PNG, JPG or GIF format. It should be self-explanatory once you find that section, but if you still dont get it, I (or someone else) can provide more info for you. :)

you can also check out this FAQ about attachments:
    http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_read_and_post#faq_vb_attachment_explain

15. Didgeridoo

Didgeridoo

Thanks Jami, after I made the post I went further down the page and found the section to which you referred and I figured it out.

16. Didgeridoo

Didgeridoo

My first attempt ......... would anyone wish to comment ? Don't pull any punches ....... LOL :)

17. Didgeridoo

Didgeridoo

Dang !! I uploaded my logo following the instructions but I can't see it !
    Why ?

18. Didgeridoo

Didgeridoo

Changed the file format from .gif to .jpg so I hope this works.