New Logo Needed for my Website

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by HookUp, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HookUp

HookUp

Hello everyone! I've been a member for quite some time and had a couple posts long ago. I just want to say this forum has come a long way and is looking awesome! You've done a great job with it.

Anyway, back to my reason for posting...

I need a new logo created for my website www.hookupsportfishing.com. I'm looking for something a little more edgy than what I have now, but that still fits with the custom forum skin. I definitely want to get rid of the shark and would prefer the design to incorporate a fishing hook somehow since I think that will tie in the design with the name really well. My goal is to find the a design that people will recognize and that will be good to use on clothing and other promotional items.

Please also let me know via PM what you're looking for in terms of compensation.

I'm very excited to see some of your ideas!!!

PS - Please let me know if I left anything out and if you have any questions.

Thanks in advance!

2. Worlock

Worlock Guest

If you dont mind my asking...What is your main "Game Fish" you would like to promote on your logo? Or do you even want a fish at all?
    I noticed a striper pic on there, Hybrid at that :)
    Being in Texas, Whites are often sought after ( Im one who definately loves fishing for white stripers :) Thanks.

3. HookUp

HookUp

Hey Worlock, thanks for the reply! I think I'd rather not put a fish in the logo. I'm thinking about using a hook as the main focus. That way the logo will appeal to a wider range of anglers.

That's awesome that you're a fisherman! I lived in Houston for a year and used to fish bass tournaments out there! Rayburn was always my favorite. I never did get a chance to fish for the white stripers though.

4. KD-did

KD-did

A text logo with a subtle image touch.

5. KD-did

KD-did

Slight variations

6. KD-did

KD-did

I know you stated that you would prefer not to have a fish but....

7. HookUp

HookUp

Hey KD, thanks for the replies! Sorry for the late response. I had some other samples I wanted to post, but haven't been able to dig them up yet. I really liked your design with the fish, although I'd really like to see a font that matches the edgy fish design a little better.

Also, one of my users came up with an idea of having hook (more prominent in the design than the ones in your initial designs) that was going through one of the "o"s in Hookup and maybe pulling it up a little? I'm not sure if that's a very clear explanation, but I'm trying to find the example he sent...

Thanks again for your responses! Great stuff :)

8. KD-did

KD-did

The font can be changed no problem, got any suggestions of fonts you do like? I have about 8000 of them..and what you call "edgy" may differ from my idea of edgy.

9. KD-did

KD-did

Still would like a font name or sample of what you consider an "edgy" font. These samples seen as thumbnails( before enlarging) are pretty close to logo size on a page and remain readable.

10. wexusjon

wexusjon

I really like KD-DID's in the post with 3 fishes in it - I like the 1st one the BEST! That looks pretty COOL & nice font too. The hook in the fishes mouth & the "K" with the barb on it looks Kool!

Looks cool enough to make a key chain out of it or a NAME badge for a shirt or something you might see on a hat...

------------------------------------------------
    Logo Life - Wake up logo design - munch on a bag of whatever while tweaking a logo while reading this forum skip lunch edit & render & pass out at keyboard...wake up & tweak logos while checking out new posts to blog & munching on something while falling asleep...& THEN....

:image06-2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.