New logo (Feedback Please)

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by Antiochguy1977, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Antiochguy1977

Antiochguy1977

Let me know what you guys think of this one, and please if you have any suggestions feel free to post. I apologize for this graphic being so big, How can I reduce the size of the file?

2. SpeedinDeath

SpeedinDeath

thats a nice clean logo , bur a better colour combination would bring it more glamour. well about reducing the file size, u can do one thing, export the final image in "jpeg med/low res full" and to reduce the image size you can export it in" jpeg full rez quarter". u can also use other 3rd party softs to crop the unnecessary image parts or to resize it according to ur liking.

3. jamirae

jamirae

looks good.. I would have to agree about the colors, test out a few differnt combinations and see if you can't get it a bit more polished.

I was thinking the font for "salon" should either be the same as the rest or something that is closer in style to the other words. Just my opinion.. but it really isnt bad the way it is.

4. Antiochguy1977

Antiochguy1977

Thanks for your feedback. What kind of color scheme would you suggest ?

5. KD-did

KD-did

Very dynamic! Glad you were finally able to get your design here in this forum.
    [​IMG]

6. Hexastar

Hexastar

Good 1st logo. I agree about the color combo, but it definitely has character.

7. KD-did

KD-did

What is the shops color scheme, clients color preferences? Is it a unisex salon or primarily women?

8. Antiochguy1977

Antiochguy1977

It is a salon that caters to both men and women. As far as a color scheme it doesnt really matter. I just wished I could get my sister to decide on some colors. Thats been the most time consuming and frustrating part about this. She wants to be able to use this design for her sign that will be out near the road as well as on her front store window. I want to be able to use the design to make business cards and letterhead stationary. So with that being said my sister did say she wants the colors to stand out, (but not fusia, or glow in the dark green is how she put it). Again any suggestions would be greatly appreciated .

9. Antiochguy1977

Antiochguy1977

Ok guys here is another version let me know what you think.

10. Antiochguy1977

Antiochguy1977

Ok that didnt work so i will try this. Let me know what you guys think of this version.

11. KD-did

KD-did

Shawn, I think it is unwise to use too many dark and radiant colors and the reason being is signage issues. They are hard to read and are only visable close up.

12. jamirae

jamirae

okay.. here's my additional "two cents" (if it's even worth that... :) ) :

I thought the original font you had for "Professional Images" was better, it looked more clean, sharp and, well, Professional! this font is good, but the rounding makes it a little less formal.

Colors: with the dynamic of the background swirls, I'd say go with some lighter colors of those background images and make the text dark, this will make it stand out. Also, add an outline and/or slight shadowing on the text. You want the graphics to complement the text. Its the name you want them to ultimately recognize, the graphics should be eye-appealing yet not distracting. Make them see the graphics without realizing it. In other words, the graphics are like a highlight for the text.

like here is a simple graphic I did that has a photo in the background.. I made the text stand out by outlining and highlighting it. The colors complement the faded photo in the background. I know yours is not a photo in the background, but I think you can get the idea, eh? :)

[​IMG]

13. KD-did

KD-did

I agree the first font is superior..no question about it.

Check this out, it may help making color choices a little easier. You can play with it for free for 15 days.
    http://www.abitom.com/

14. Antiochguy1977

Antiochguy1977

Here is another example

15. Antiochguy1977

Antiochguy1977

Another one with different font and a red outline of the font. I dont know if it is just me but with the top and bottom swoosh over the words it gives it the appearance that the words are wrapping around the background graphic, maybe its just me, LOL. I am having alot of fun dong this little design, just taking me a little time to get the hang of it. Thanks to all of you who have posted to help me out with this.

16. Antiochguy1977

Antiochguy1977

Another with the font outlines uin yellow, and the background graphic a little more centered

17. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

Very nice! Much much better! I agree with Jamirae. And you seemed to have gotten the hang of it. Keep playing with the colors, something will strike you as well as the font. But keep it clean. Light pastel colors are in. Great job though keep it up!

18. jamirae

jamirae

that's looking great! I really like the colors of the background.. .

Try adding a little shadow to the text to make it stand out more.. have you tried that yet? some fonts don't lend themselves well to an outline, but look good with a shadow..

I think you're doing great.. come up with a few others and see what your "client" likes best.

19. LogoCreek

LogoCreek

there ya GO!

You are getting the idea. More then anything the Name needs to be clear.

Great Job!

www.LogoCreek.com

20. Elect

Elect

I still like the first one with a lighter background. I would use the yellow only as some form of trim color.

IMHO.