NEW LOGO and AVATAR

Discussion in 'FUN and Sharing Forum for Non-Creator stuff' started by blackknight, Mar 27, 2006.

1. blackknight

blackknight

Just wanted to post my new logo and I will be using that as my Avatar as well. Thought it was time for a change. Everyone knows I am Canadian anyway. I was going to go for the last one but decided to stick with the owl. Opinions please!

Attached Files:

2. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

awesome looking BK

3. wacki56

wacki56 Super Mod

It's a "looker" BK! and we won't hold the fact that you're Canadian against you!!

What is the font used in the new LOGO?

Bill

4. Chris

Chris Staff Member

looks good BK. Well done.

5. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

I like the middle. the maple leaf. If you don't like the leaf obvious, what might look neat is to have the maple leaf masked over everything (except the owl) and faded back. Just a hint of it.

As always, your stuff is grand

6. D RAT2

D RAT2

I agree with Borpean, I would lose the maple leaves. Let people focus more on the logo, instead of country of origin. Nice work otherwise.

7. blackknight

blackknight

Here It Is Again

First of all, thanks for the comments and suggestions. I did some revisions. Let me know what you think. I toned down a bit on the Canada thing (It made sense):Painting:

Attached Files:

8. blackknight

blackknight

Oh, I forgot; Bill, the font is called PRISM BOLD. Usually it is a 2 or 3 part font where you build your depth and shading with overlays. By accident I found another way to do it as I didn't have the other parts to the font. I highlighted the font (select all) then did what is called a Boolean subtract, then I pressed "break apart" and that made my font all join together to a solid and then overlayed the original on top and darkened down the color, keeping the same values. This technique can also be done in TLC if you installed the 3 part font. I purchased it thru Signfonts.com (I believe)

9. HiJacKingQueen

HiJacKingQueen

those logos are cool.

I like the color combination of the colors (red gold) and the fonts EXCEPT for the font used for the "old world logos" which do not seem to jell well with the overall design.

Hmmm maybe u can make the STUDIO have a 3D effect so that the rabbit would like he is standing atop it rather than making it look it is misaligned.

10. Juncal

Juncal

Hi BK!
    Congrats for you! It seem that your lessons are going great! Being "picky" I will suggest to take off the second line of your logo avatar (Olde...), then it would be perfect, neat, harmonic, and pro... I was looking for the rabbit that KingQueen mentioned, but I don't see it. Am I blind? or is hide somewhere else? LOL
    R2

11. blackknight

blackknight

lol, the rabbit is an owl but he has heard it before. He got a chuckle when I told him about it. (Not sure how Borpean will take it tho, it was his rabbit...er, Owl) Back to the drawing board.
    What letters do you think will look good for Olde World Logos? Suggest a style. Thanks for the comments people. All ideas taken into consideration.

12. Juncal

Juncal

bk

Hi Bk,

Hope you don't mind but I took your logo and change the tag, the name of the font I used is "DicotMedium Regular" and working on it I figured out that works better being grey instead of black and straight instead of italic.

Hope helps.

R2.

Attached Files:

• BK.png
      BK.png
      File size:
      94.6 KB
      Views:
  13. blackknight

blackknight

good point. You are right about the non italic. I like the gray as well. Back to the drawing board

14. Juncal

Juncal

Cool, keep working dude!
    R2.

15. blackknight

blackknight

Back with revisions

Hope this works better

Attached Files:

16. Juncal

Juncal

Sweet! not sure about the design word letters but SWEET! Have you think to put a star with the "studio" word effect in both free spaces over the red ball? The maple leaf is a major requeriment? what do you think sending back the maple leaf make it bigger and play with a gray scale, why? because we know that it's a maple leaf, but when you take a look at first sight seems to be like 3 crowns or something else... Anyway Great Job!

R2

17. blackknight

blackknight

Thanks Juncal, Anyone Else Have Ideas?

18. wacki56

wacki56 Super Mod

me?...........I would have kept it as is *wink*. the original was best. A "keen eye" is a "good thing"

Bill

19. blackknight

blackknight

Finally

With some tweaking, I have a design that I like. I have used some ideas that you shared with me. I kept the lettering to a simplistic, easy to read style. "Cricket" for Studio and a font called "Roadhouse" for Olde World and Design. I minimized the Mapleleaf but still wanted it there someplace but to not distract.
    Thanks for all your input and I believe this one works better than the original that had prismatic lettering.

Attached Files:

20. D RAT2

D RAT2

Nice Greg,
    I resized your image for a better avatar just right click and save. Then upload.
    A nice logo should be seen. Also just a hint, move the design sign closer than the Owl. That should lose the shadow under his feet and make it look like he is actually standing on the sign instead of floating in midair.