New Homepage

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by Lunatic, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Lunatic

Lunatic

This is possibly the worst, most non user friendly homepage i've ever seen on the whole internet, in my whole life....just my opinion...

2. Lunatic

Lunatic

Just to be perfectly clear, I like the members and the site. I just like the old look MUCH MUCH better.

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Ha! Lol.

the worst homepage on the entire internet?!
    yikes.

Can you help and let me know what you don't like about it?!

4. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Was it changed back? I was on earlier and now back and it's completely different,

5. Mr Laughingbird

6. Randy...

Randy... Guest

If you'd like some feedback, I'd be happy to offer some. But, you're original thread is locked down to only certain individuals. I do not have access to reply on that thread. It's probably the setting for that individual forum.

7. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Marc I use CMPS on my forum and find it to have some good stuff to offer. You will find that some people won't like it but majority of the users do. I have gotten allot of good comments on mine. I think once you get it doing what you want they will see what it can do.

8. Zipper

Zipper

I really like the current format, it's not broken so why fix it? The current one is
    easy to navigate and easy on my poor eyes.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

9. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Just an FYI. You do not have to visit the portal(Home Page) when on here. You can bookmark the forum location and just skip the main page. That is one thing some people do on forums. I like having the new post and other information all on one page. Once he tweaks it some more there will be more information at your finger tips and become very useful. I find it a good tool for information about a site. So hang in there guys/gals. I think it will turn out pretty nice in the end. :D

10. Lunatic

Lunatic

What I like about the page now, is that right from the homepage you can go anywhere on the forums. I like to search old topics/tutorials. If you come here everyday and you're a master at the software, then by all means that page would be great because you only see the latest posts. I couldn't find a way to get back the current homepage where i could see every forum. I literally struggled to find any info or to navigate the site. If there wasn't a recent post in a forum, then that forum wouldn't show up on the homepage and you would have to click 4-5 times to get to the forum you want.

I was just screwin around when i said worst on the whole internet...I mean just to be fair I haven't seen every forum on the whole internet, so I'm sure there's at least one or two that are worse than that was.

11. Mr Laughingbird

:)

Cool enough.

I've moved the 'new' home page to the back of the bus for now until I can get a handle on it.

I agree with you, it's hard to find all of the threads.

- Marc

12. Lats

Lats Staff Member

You definitely need a link to the forums from the portal, and a link to the portal from the forums - easy to do in the navbar template.

A lot of people tend to put the announcements in the middle block, and recent threads in the right right block - looks a little neater that way.

I like vbadvanced, as do a lot of people, and as mentioned already, they will get used to it :)

13. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Marc - even though I didn't care for the new home page that you moved to the back of the bus, I'm diggin' the new look and vibe you're building. Keep up the great work and keep having fun!

BTW - this gave me a reason to use the new emoticons.

:image10: :image10-1: :image16-1: :image16: :image09: :image10-2: :SayingHi:

14. Mr Laughingbird

Thanks Randy!
    I'll be working on it all next week too. :)

:image10:

Ha! I love these new emoticons!

15. junkie4life

junkie4life

The latest version is great...pleasing to the eye, fun, easy to use, and a definite overall improvement. Good work Marc.

J4L

(I do find it a little choppy and slow though)

16. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

whats wrong with you all let marc finish what he is trying to achieve with the new look!!!!!!!!! then come up with some constructive criticism instead of knocking the new look to the ground:image27: :image06-3: :image06-1: :image24:

marc i think that the new look is a breath of fresh air the to the tired forum that we have all gotten used to? keep it up m8 love it personally:image28: :image28: :image10-2:

oh and you've got to love these guys:image10: :image10-2: :image09:

17. Lunatic

Lunatic

I think the question is what's wrong with you? You obviously didn't see the first layout.

This one looks great to me also. I wasn't putting you down, just letting you know how difficult it was to navigate.
    :image28: :image28: Two thumbs up on this one!

18. Mr Laughingbird

LoL

thanks for watching my back Lamo1.
    I do appreciate it.

The original (1st) post in this thread had to do with something I was working on for the home page (here)

It wasn't well received :image10-1: so I began to modify what was already here!

I really appreciate all your comments. Lunatic, especially from you since you thought the other layout was the worst on the net!
    :image04:

I'll be tweaking the look and feel over the next few days.

19. Randy...

Randy... Guest

BTW - where did you get these emoticons? Did you make them? Someone make them for you?

20. Mr Laughingbird

No, I didn't make them :)
    They're from a user here in the forum.

I think she got them from Yahoo, or MSN Messenger. I've seen them around the web here and there.

I'm working on making them a bit smaller and transparent.
    May take a while.

- Marc