New Dude on the block

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by KeyGuy, Apr 23, 2008.

1. KeyGuy

KeyGuy

Greetings from the Southernmost City! I am happy to say hi to you folks and to learn from the 'masters'. Maybe someday, I'll be able to help a new dude or two when they join. I use Logo Maker, but have found some limitations that I hope to work around with your help.

Onward & Upward

-KG-

2. KD-did

KD-did

Welcome to the TLC community KeyGuy. I am very familiar with Key West because my folks retired from the Navy there in 1976 and built a home on Key Haven.

3. KeyGuy

KeyGuy

KD, KW is the best! We've been her since '05 and I can't imagine living anywhere else. I have several friends that live on Key Haven. You may be astounded at the newer mansions there. Unreal.

I am happy to say that, after reading some of the posts, I have already learned some great tips, so it's been a good experience already.

I do have some 'private' questions, meant to avoid sound really stupid in public... 1) What is TLC? 2) Is there a way to stretch an Orb into an oblong-type graphic? I was trying to make a text-embedded button for a web page, but needed to make it longer than a sphere.

I'll be lurking from time to time to see what other tips I can pick up.

-KG-

4. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Welcome new dude! Enjoy the forum.

5. KD-did

KD-did

KeyGuy, TLC is The Logo Creator. Feel free to send a PM (private message) to me. Probably the easiest way to make a glassy oval shape button is to first choose an orb enlarge it and export it as a transparent png or gif (so it will be easy to find" the type an o and then choose use the "Shape" dingbat font to produce an oval. Using the option of "inserting an image into text " (under text coloration option). Choose the recently exported recently orb and adjust the horizontal and/or vertical control until you like what you see. Or if you just want a plain oval button you type the letter o and color it as you desire . You can use any of the built in color options for text/

6. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

I beg to differ

[​IMG]

MD

7. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Welcome to the forum!