New and Frustrated

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by sonquita, May 27, 2007.

1. sonquita

sonquita

Hi Folks,

Any quick help out there? Just wanted to start by making a sweet little "register now button." Figured that out pretty easily, exported it to files. Went to open it so that I could transfer it to a sales letter which I'm hoping to broadcast SOON. My computer couldn't deal with the .swf suffix.

I went to Adobe hoping to find a free download. Couldn't figure that out. Found IrfanView32. HELP!

1) What do I do to get this working?
    2) Will my subscribers (recipients of my sales letter) have problems registering just because the "Register Now" Button is too fancy for their computers?
    3) Will the link to my website store work (not yet live, just trying to get everything ready) - so they can register - even if they don't get the special effect on the button?
    4) Can I save the button WITHOUT the Shockwave special effect?

I'D REALLY APPRECIATE SOME HELP.

Thanks,
    Sonia:image25:
    Success for the Soul - meaning purpose life

2. Worlock

Worlock Guest

What LB product are you using to make this?

3. sonquita

sonquita

Hi Worlock,

I'm using the Web Graphics Creator software.

Sonia

4. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Ok..so basically your having troubles with the *.swf file, not being able to be played or viewed...can you view any other flash on the internet..say any other site that has flash embedded on it...beecause I think your having an "Active X " issue here.

5. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Sounds to be like he's trying to place it into an email. ???

I would suggest doing a test -- sending it to yourself and few others (if that is an option).

6. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Also, if it were me, I would create a nice looking button in the Art Center - insert that image into my email and create a hyper link on it. Then, I would actually create the entire letter into a html web page with that link in my letter also (just in case someone can't view your email correcly, they can follow that link to your webpage that would look exactly like what you wanted your email to look like).

7. sonquita

sonquita

I'm trying to post the button to my sales letter to be broadcast through my Welcome to CoolerEmail account (what are those services called - list service?)

So, yes it will be emailed to my subscriber list.

BUT, I can't even open the file. As soon as I try it says: "Windows can not open this file. File Name: Register Button.jpg.swf To open this file Windows needs to know which program created it."

Then I have the option to search the web for the right program or select it from a list.

So, I checked the web. Then I got the Adobe option and the other one IrfanView 32 or something.

I tried Adobe. I did higt some weird obstacles regarding ActiveX and couldn't figure my way through that.

So, I don't know if it is an email issue because I can't even open it to begin with.

Other ideas?

Sonia
    Success for the Soul - meaning purpose life

8. Worlock

Worlock Guest

well first off you have 2 extentions there..."jpeg or jpg" and "swf"
    You can download a flash player to view it..from Adobe
    Click Here
    http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

But it wont allow you to edit it in any way...you'll need a flash program for that...as far as anything else...its above my head to what your doing...Im sorry I cant help you there.
    One other thing..Id rename the file from Register Button.jpg.swf to Register Button.swf

9. sonquita

sonquita

Register button.

Thanks,

Yeah, I don't know why that file got saved that way, but I also had one saved the right way and it still wouldn't open. I'll try the download you suggested.

I don't really need or want to program anything in Flash, but I would like to be able to view and open. The weird thing is that I view Flash media all the time with my computer, so don't know what to think.

Do my subscriber recipients have to have Flash player for the register button link to work?

Thanks,
    Sonia

10. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Most computers have had to install shockwave at one time or another...I bet the chances are 99% NO....if they surf the web...I doubt it :)