Needs some Critics.

Discussion in 'Websites reviewed' started by Dutch Treat, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat

Hi everybody,

Tell me what you think of our site, it's in dutch :image24:but sone also in english.

Greetz,

Martin.

2. Chris_Houg

Chris_Houg Staff Member

You forgot to put a link to the site...

3. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat

Oeps, I forgot the link.... www.eextahal.com

4. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

your images looked stretched out try re doing them

5. OldenGray

OldenGray

You want some critique? First off, ain't that Joomla one sweet content management system? You really have that system fine tuned and you did one terrific job at putting together what I think is a sports site, although I could be wrong. The only complaint I have (other than not understanding Dutch), would be it's "busy-ness." Way too much going on for me and way too many "clickable" links and too much color (kinda overdid in that area). I'm a proponent of minimal design. But, that's not to take away what you accomplished here. Overall, an excellent effort, especially since you did it with Joomla. My congratulations.
    :image28:

6. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat

Hi OldenGray,

Thank you for your comment.:image28:I think it is great to get reactions from people on the other side of the globe.

It is indeed a (local) sport site. Regarding your knowledge of Dutch, so bad is my english writing.:image24:
    I will see if I do something with the points that you mentioned.

By the way, Joomla Cms is Great, are you a joomla user too?

Thanks again for your comment.

Groeten uit Holland, (your first dutch lesson)=
    Greetings from Holland,

Martin.

7. OldenGray

OldenGray

You are certainly welcome. And, yes, I am a big fan of Joomla. If I can convince two of my customers to switch from their html sites, I am ready to fix them up with Joomla. Actually, I'm a big fan of Wordpress and Joomla both. Just got the first edition of Joomla For Dummies and highly recommend it for novices. It does explain a lot in language even I can understand.

Thanks for the Dutch lesson. I do enjoy languages and took both German and Spanish in college and some Russian (Русский). Way too tough for me but I can spell your name in a really cool alphabet. :SayingHi: Anytime you can share a phrase or two, send it along. You don't do too badly in English, either.