Need to change text color without changing text outline color

Discussion in 'New to the world of Forums?' started by BalloonStoryteller, Mar 6, 2014.

1. BalloonStoryteller

BalloonStoryteller

Hi there. New to Logo Creator. Like it so far, very much. How do I change the color of outlined text without changing the color of the outline?

Every time I try to change the color of the text using the text color menu on the left, it sort of "mutes" the whole letter, and changes the outline color too.

On this file, I'm trying to change the blue letter color to more of a teal so it will contrast better with the purple circle, but I want to leave the yellow outline.

Thanks so much for your help! bsp logo w circle.PNG

2. KD-did

KD-did

Color isn't an absolute thing in my mind...you will see a subtle difference in it appearance when on a variegated background and white background. Even shadows can make it appear different.The colors have subtle difference because of the way colors play off of each other.Look at your example ...the depth appears different from one end of the text to the other.

What you might find helpful is to do the text alone...as you want it to appear.....export it and then bring it back onto the canvas.You could do a canvas in the color you want the text to be, save it and use to fill the text with the image.Or the use of an image editor may benefit you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014