1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Need tip: multiple models, same view

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by MattG, Oct 15, 2007.

1. MattG

MattG

So I'm attempting to create an image of a "virtual home study course" with a box, several CD's and a workbook...

I'd like have all the models in the same view so I end up with a single graphic of the whole setup...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. a¿ex

a¿ex Staff Member

Sorry, but this is not supported in this software at the moment. It's purpose is to design one single model at a time.

I'll add your request as feature request for multiple models in one single environment for the next version.

Sorry, but meanwhile, you'll need to make single images with transparent background (just choose png as output format) and combine them in an image editing software.

3. a¿ex

a¿ex Staff Member

Meanwhile I made a interim version of the 3-D modul (due to another bugfix, which was required) and now you can set the image used for the floor texture and (HIGHLY UNSUPPORTED) have multiple models at the same time in the scene.

download:
    http://www.farbflash.de/director/tests/memberCardBugFix.zip
    and replace the corresponding files in your WGC install folder with the files you find in the above zip archive.

there is now a highly unsupported preference setting (preference file "tlc_3D_prefs_V2.xml") to keep the old model, when selecting a new model:

<keepRecentModels>

a value of 0 means: delete the model from memory and clean all up before loading a new model (this is the default)

a value of 1 means: keep the model in memory, when loading a new one, but hide it from view (this is only to speed up loading, but turned out to bring problems and quirks into the game, so you might never want to do that. after all the models are simple and load fast)

a value of 2 means: keep the model, so that you may see more than one model at a time.

This allows for multimodel setups, but is still very quirky and official unsupported, as it will not work with most other features of the app. It is only meant as a hack to make snapshots of more than one model at a time.

You will not be able to edit the textures of the models in this mode, just to change their position and orientation by clicking and dragging them. You should set them up properly, in single edit mode and then load them without saving the changes afterwards. In a later version this will be implemented correctly, but for now it is just a quick hack upon request of one user.

Instead of changing the preference settings you can simply hold down the shift key, when adding a model to add it instead of replacing. Essentially the same as the above with the same restrictions and problems, but without the need to change the preference file.

WARNING:
    Be prepared for errors and/or other worse malfunctions of the application, if you try something other than just loading the prepared models one after the other and reposition them.

Especially changing the mappings and the mouse drag animations to open / close the models are likely to fail badly.

I hope it helps anyway.