Need Old English Package Font

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by feelo24, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feelo24

feelo24

Do any of you have the Old English Package font that you can email me? :image28:

Thanks

2. Randy...

Randy... Guest

3. feelo24

feelo24

Randy Thanks for the reply. I have the regular Old English font, what I need is the Old English Package font.

Thanks

4. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Have you tried Google? I'm sure there is somewhere that you can download it.

5. meinrosebud

meinrosebud

Here, here... I'll second that.

6. Topcatz

Topcatz Guest

7. KD-did

KD-did

While Old English looks the same as Old English Package (a purchased licensed ) font there are subtle differences in the number of characters and "letter kernelling".

8. OldenGray

OldenGray

You can buy an Old English package font from ITC. However, as KD-Did indicated, kerning the letters in Old English is not advised. That's because the typeface was designed to be connected at the serifs. As you recall, Old English was a blackletter font executed by pen and, as such, the serifs and some of the letters (especially caps) just don't lend themselves to kerning. Kerning letters mean to use the characteristics of the letters to move them together in an interlocking fashion, or a very tight letter spacing. If you look at good typographic design in some of today's ads, you will see examples of kerned letters. For example, a capital "T" with a lower case "a" nestled underneath.
    Olden

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.