1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Need longer URL capacity for buttons!

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by hipster, Feb 12, 2009.

1. hipster

hipster

Just wondered if there will be an update to Web Graphic Creator that will allow the buttons to link to an unlimited URL length. Currently, it says it has to be less than 120 characters but the files I need to link to are longer than that.

Is there an update coming soon?

2. LadyK

LadyK

What I want to know is can you only enter 11 characters or less for the name "ON" the button?

That is all it seems to allow me even though on some of
    the larger button areas I can squeeze in what I want it to say
    but it won't save with it that long....

Anyone know because I don't have a manual to read!

Thanks!

LadyK

3. KD-did

KD-did

The WGC manual which will include The Button Creator is available as a PDF download from http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/Update-hub.html , however, being your question is more of one of customazation it probably would be best to PM Flashorama or a¿ex to see if there is a solution immediately. Ideally it would also provide them with information to include in an update.
    You will be able to find and PM them easily from here....

http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showgroups.php they are listed as moderators

4. LadyK

LadyK

Thanks for the manual link.... the one I kept trying to follow gave me a 404 error page... Your link worked! :image28:
    and I'll PM those you requested....

Have a great day!

LadyK

5. KD-did

KD-did

The link from the program "help" needs addressing. Now all the manuals can always be found through the form. Marc put permanent links in the forum ..."The Manuals"

6. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Thanks for taking this KD.

LadyK, Hipster ... I'm about to launch a brand new update to The Web Graphics Creator this fixes this (and other) issues!

- Marc

7. Nickydude

Nickydude MadLad Designs

Can't wait! :)

8. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

lol!

I can't either!
    It's coming!

I have 3 products I'm about to announce, and launch.
    Hang tight.

Marc

9. jdizzy40

jdizzy40

Sure would like to be able to use the button creator. But with it only accepting a short URL it's useless at this point. :image24:

10. jdizzy40

jdizzy40

Yes, more new products that I will wait to purchase until what I purchased works like it should. You would think changing the lenth of the url would be a quick fix. Buttons you can't change the color on might take another year.

I always seem to get the emails announcing new products like a rabbit having babies, but never get any updates to software that was relelased half-baked.

Very disappointed with support!