Need Logo for new business

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by boatman22, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boatman22

boatman22

I need a logo for a new company I'm opening. Marine repair and service. Along with boat accessory's. Looking for a colorful logo to use on letterheads shirts and my website. I have a copy of a logo i found on the web that is colorful like i want that I can email.

2. Doc

Doc Staff Member

A couple of drafts to get things started. I have kept to 2 colors to keep costs down when producing shirts etc.

Give any potential designers some more information about the type of logo you are looking for:
    shape and or size of logo?
    font - formal or fancy?
    logo style - text based / symbolic / cartoony etc?

Attached Files:

3. boatman22

boatman22

Thanks for the ideas Doc. I have attached an example of what I'm looking for. Notice the outline of a boat. Something like that, maybe round the state.

Attached Files:

4. Doc

Doc Staff Member

A rough draft including a boat shape over the Texas map.

Attached Files:

5. boatman22

boatman22

This is looking good. Can you add flames somewhere? Need to change centre to center , add Lake Conroe to the bottom.

6. KD-did

KD-did

Concept 1

7. Doc

Doc Staff Member

I added the lake name to the bottom plus some flames though to be honest flames and a boat, do they really go well together. I also did a more traditional logo remember more colors = more $ on clothing it can be very expensive. I know I still have 'center' spelt the British way but this can be quickly changed.

Attached Files:

8. KD-did

KD-did

Concept 2.
    Are you going to specialize only in fresh water boating?

9. boatman22

boatman22

OK I agree no flames...I do like TMR6. Can you use the same color lettering as TMR4? Fit the name inside the boat.with Lake Conroe TX
    I also want the phone number and web address.

936-447-BOAT

www.tmrmarine.com

10. Doc

Doc Staff Member

3 variations on the boat design. I can add the other details later when you let me know which one you prefer.

Attached Files:

11. boatman22

boatman22

I like TMR#9

12. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Hey there Boatman22, so sorry I haven't had time this week to give your logo a shot, but I hope it goes well for you. You'll find some great talent here.

Some good ideas there gang. No offense Doc, but the your boat outline is identical to West Coast Offshore marine parts. Just wanted to see if it was a public image? I know its a popular shape of boat, but I'd be careful using it if you weren't sure. Just thought I'd watch your back - please don't take it wrong. Talk to you all soon.

13. KD-did

KD-did

boatman22, you probably should be looking into at your local competitors logo designs in the phone directories, in other printed advertising materials and at their website logo designs in preparation of going forwards. It could be costly not to do your homework in preparation ... before investing in printed materials such a receipt books while trying create your own identity.

14. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Added the other info you requested plus changed the boat shape in view of the comments made by awalk, though the boat I used was a freehand vector graphic I drew (admittedly from the picture of the West Coast logo).

Attached Files:

15. boatman22

boatman22

I do like the other boat shape. We will be working on performance boats. How can I find out if that shape is a public image?

16. KD-did

KD-did

Additional text can be added as needed , consider what your logo will look like on your business card and may look better without all text written on the image/s itself. Text may need to be larger to be readable.

17. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Dont worry I will find some other performance boat photos and do a drawing of one of these.

18. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Just to let fellow designers know, boatman22 now has his logo so no further designs are needed. Thanks for your designs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.