Need key!

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by mainstreetma, May 13, 2008.

1. mainstreetma

mainstreetma

Hey gang, I bought the corporate edition at Best Buy a couple of years ago, now I recently had to re-install it to my new hard drive and cant find the $@*&@% box it came in anywhere although I have the original disk. What are my options to get a key to unlock this thing? I sure aint buying another disk. Ive only used the software twice since buying it, certainly not worth spending the money right now for a new one. If any one in support needs proof that I bought it legally rather than a copy, I believe i posted several messeges early on here on this forum making suggestions etc.and could provide a scan or pic of the original disk if needed!

2. KD-did

KD-did

Was yours a Summitsoft or Laughingbird release? Look on the CD itself you should see the 8 digit code on it?

3. mainstreetma

mainstreetma

Its laughingbird...and I dont see any code on the front, there is a very very tiny 6 digit code on the back side next to the hole...I had to find a magnifying glass to see it. But I dont think this is the one you are talking about.

4. mainstreetma

mainstreetma

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi mainstreetma...

Yes, this is an older version of TLC.
    This version came with an index card inside the box with an unlock key.

I've just sent you a PM (Private Message) with the correct key.
    That should do it for you.

Thanks for providing the scan!

Marc

6. mainstreetma

mainstreetma

Thanks for the quick reply and assistance....microsquash could learn a thing to two from you guys!

7. KD-did

KD-did

You might want to consider using a magic marker and writing the key on the CD . It won't prevent crashes but it sure is a time and aggravation saver if ever have to reinstall in the future.

8. mainstreetma

mainstreetma