Need Ideas re Guitar Logo

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by teleman, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teleman

teleman

Hi, I have the entertainment pack and have been playing around with logo designs for my website and would love to be able to come up with an electric guitar shaped logo.
    My business is GuitarPartsAustralia.com and I'd like to be able to incorporate a guitar shape and the name or initials GPA into an guitar shaped image. Can anyone come up with some ideas or a design I could use?
    I like the software very much but the logo designs I have come up with are basically very boring so far. I know it takes time to develop skills and will keep at it.
    I'm also a bit stuck on what company colours to use too. I like red,black and white or red,white and blue. maybe I'm just a boring type.
    Any help appreciated.

2. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Heres something to get ideas rolling...Of course I'll submit more,But right now Im pretty tired :)

Attached Files:

3. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Another concept

Attached Files:

4. teleman

teleman

Thanks Worlock. They're great. The first one is very very similar to the style I had in mind (only better). Thanks heaps for your time mate.

5. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Your welcome....

6. KD-did

KD-did

Here is a rather unique concept to look at.

7. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Heres another concept...I just realized your name is a derevative from The TELECASTER....Im a gplayer too...So I went with a fender design....Behold the power of cheese!

Attached Files:

8. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

stay simple. like the first one better

9. Worlock

Worlock Guest

You have your style and I have mine...after all these are submissions for the requester. And the requester chooses the one they want right?

10. awalck

awalck Staff Member

You're not boring at all teleman! Worlock I love the fender - modeled after it if you don't mind. Did you draw that? Nice! Here's my idea - just love the fender idea! Hope it's not too cheesy.:image31:

Attached Files:

11. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Now thats what I was wanting to accomplish, But I was running out of time...Thats really a nice image there...Care to tell how you did that?

12. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Thanks Worlock! I don't mend telling. I drew it in Xara Xtreme. Here's another with the color close to yours; and I liked how Australia.com fit under it. I think...

13. teleman

teleman

Thanks to everyone. I do indeed appreciate you time and talents. They all appeal to me but I must say that Awalck's using letters GPA to make up the body really appeals to me. Just wondering how it would look in a bright red colour. KD-did's one using an Aussie theme is very clever too. I'm now hooked. I want to start playing around with graphics now as a hobby.
    Just one question folks from a newbie here....if I wanted to use a design done by you, what would be required?
    Appreciate all your efforts. Thanks heaps.

Billy.

14. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Xara Xtreme huh? well you got me there.. I have Xara Xtreme but I cant do that with it...Anyways Excellent job awalck...I would choose your design too.

15. Wicked

Wicked

Billy, Depending on which design you chose to aquire whether it be one design or all of them each is aquired by the designers specifications via private messaging between you and the designer.. So if somebody wants to give you a design for free then they can do that.. If they want to sell there design and you agree to the price then they can do that as well.. Just whatever you and the designer come to an agreement on is fine.. Keyword being agreement so that everybody is happy. Now the terms of aquiring a design can be set by the customer (you) as well by starting off your first thread with how much you are willing to pay for the logo you choose or what you are willing to give.. It would not have to be money it could just be putting up a link on your website for the designer. That way any design submissions you recieve in your thread would already have set terms as to what the designer is going to get if they win your contest. Just keep in mind if a dealing between you and another member were to go sour that LBS is not responsible for resolution of the issue.. I would say please notifiy the forum staff if anyone was to ever stiff you (which I cant remember ever happening) that way we could address the issue on our end to avoid having that person continue a poor dealing with other members.... Sorry for such a long post.

16. Wicked

Wicked

Yes a very nice effect Allen.. I am not familiar with Xara yet but I know if it.. You can do that same type of thing in Photoshop but its much more tedious I would imagine.. I have done things playing around similar to that but they come out sloppy.. I just dont take my time if I am working on something to just play around.. Good designs in this thread there guys/gals

17. teleman

teleman

Thanks Wicked. I'd rather a long message that answers my question completely than just a line or so. I like these forums. Will be around here all the time now. I've had Xara Xtreme for awhile now but never really did much (or attempted to) with it.

18. Wicked

Wicked

Your certainly welcome. I am pleased to hear you may be spending a bit of time here with us.. Please enjoy.

19. Worlock

Worlock Guest

See my post after his

People of this forum..I need to apologize to Borpean for snapping at him..Actually I didnt mean it the way it sounded, But I can see where it might be construted as such, And Im man enough to say I'm Sorry when the need arises..So Borpean...Please accept my apologies for my lack of typing control...:image24:

I'll do better in the future :image28:

20. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Thanks Worlock and thanks Wicked. I used Xara Xtreme Pro, I don't know the differences in the two, but it's been fun to use. Sometimes I build the parts in Xara and then manipulate them or use effects on them with TLC.

Teleman, I'll try it in bright red for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.