Need ideas for designing a new business logo

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by Antiochguy1977, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Antiochguy1977

Antiochguy1977

Need feedback on logo and business card

Hey guys I just purchased this software in hopes of creating a logo for my sisters new Hair Salon she is opening up. Just wanted some suggestions or if you guys could come up with a few examples that could get me started in the right direction. The salon's name is: Professional Images Salon. She said she doesnt want the classic scissors or comb graphic in the logo that is so common with hair salons. She wants it to be classy, elegant, yet simple but eye catching as well as some catchy slogans or tag lines. The salon will be offering your typical hair styling needs as well as Nail services Any help with this will be much appreciated.

2. KD-did

KD-did

You might consider keeping the logo in line with her shops motif and colors.

3. Eddy Killops

Eddy Killops

Hi there,

Which logo set did you buy?

You might want to have your sister look at the logo templates and maybe one of those will strick her interest. That will make a good starting point to your logo design.

Eddy

4. Antiochguy1977

Antiochguy1977

Need feedback on logo and business card

Hi Everyone,

I am needing some feedback on a new logo and business card that i am trying to make up for my sisters new hair salon she is opening soon. She did not want the traditonal combs or scissors that are all too often in salon logos, she also wanted it professional looking, sleek, eye catching but not too cartoony, etc. She will be using this logo on business cards, stationary, and maybe even having some T-shirts with the logo printed on them. So if any of you have any suggestions as to how i may improve on this please give me some suggestions or try giving me some examples if at all possible.

P.S. I havent figured out how to post pics in the messages here yet so if someone can let me know how to do that it would be greatly appreciated. The logo and business card should come up in the link below.

http://hometown.aol.com/mtsuguy222/myhomepage/profile.html

5. Lats

Lats Staff Member

From the site link, try a right-click "Save Picture As..." to your hard disk.

From there, you can attach the image using the browse... button seen when posting a message.

6. Antiochguy1977

Antiochguy1977

I have tried that with the browse button and finding the file on my hard drive for soem reason when i preview my message nothing comes up except for any text that i have typed. I must not be doing it right, LOL.

7. Lats

Lats Staff Member

Here ya go :)

Attached Files:

8. KD-did

KD-did

9. KD-did

KD-did

10. Antiochguy1977

Antiochguy1977

Thanks for the ideas guys. Also I am having trouble printing the business cards on the Avery business card paper that i have. I have (Avery 8879) which is the clean edge, glossy business card paper. When i print the cards from logo creator there is a horizontal space in between the cards, on the card stock i have the cards are right next to each other. Any ideas on how or if i can change the margins or something to where i can print on this card stock?

11. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

before printing to your card stock, you might want to print samples on regular 20lb stock(much cheaper than card stock heh!)

As for the the margin problem, not sure how TLC handles margins. You might try exporting the final test image and then going into Word or maybe a business card program and importing the image. If you have a recent version of MS Word, they should have templates for most of the regular Avery stocks.

12. jamirae

jamirae

Shawn,

have you tried changing the margins?

You do this by selecting Adjust Business Card Margins from the File menu. Once your margins are set, print your test sheet of cards by selecting Print Business Cards from the File menu. It's a good idea not to print on the card stock until you check to be sure the cards line up with the template provided with your business card stock.

hmm.. though that only allows you to change the top and left margins, not the "gutter" spacing. Since you're working on a full bleed color design, I'd have to play with it myself to figure it out. noticed your post is a few days old... have you been able to resolve the issue yet?

Another option would be to export the graphic and import it into another software that will allow for that spacing.

Maybe this (being able to set the spacing) should be added in the suggestions for future release of TLC? :)