Need help with my logo

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by richvisions, Nov 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richvisions

richvisions

[​IMG]

I write historical romance novels (12 so far), and I need to make a logo that reflects that. I've tried books, but that's not what I'm looking for. I found an inkwell and quill pen, but the colors were wrong. I found a scroll, but it was not only the wrong color, it was way too big and took up too much memory. Sigh.

I think what I'm looking for (and I'm not really sure) is a quill pen with long feathers in the background, or a parchment scroll that is big enough for my name and tagline. I'm just not sure. My creativity lies in other directions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sue

2. Digi

Digi

Another Idea...

Attached Files:

3. richvisions

richvisions

That looks great, Digi, but it doesn't play up the romantic theme , which is what I'm really going for. The logo I put up there, was just thrown together, because my mind is blank, and I wanted give an idea of the colors and wording I prefer (the color is negotiable) ;-) But that's not my style at all. The name of my last book was "Velvet". The book I'm writing now is called "Pearls In The Sand". I chose both those names because I like soft and senusous. That's kinda how I see my logo--the trouble is, I can't see the rest of it. Sigh

Thanks,
    Sue

4. Digi

Digi

I'll have to look for those...yeah! i thought about the romantaical thingie half way through. I will give it another try.

5. richvisions

richvisions

[​IMG]

I look forward to seeing whatever you come up with.

Thanks again,
    Sue

6. Chris

Chris Staff Member

An idea I was playing with.

7. richvisions

richvisions

I like that a lot. Very classy. The red makes it eyecatching, and the font gives it that 'romantic' feel. It will look great on a business card, too. The only thing...I need a quill pen rather than a feather.

Thanks,
    Sue

8. Chris

Chris Staff Member

How about this?

9. Chris

Chris Staff Member

I changed it around a little. What do you think about this one.

10. Digi

Digi

That looks great.

11. richvisions

richvisions

I really appreciate all your help, but after doing some research, which I should have done to begin with, I find that I'm on the wrong track. Unfortunately, that's not unusual for me. Because of an illness, I've been out of the loop for 5 years. I'm finally feeling up to par again, and nearly finished with my 13th book. That's why it's important to me to get this right.

I went through the web this morning, looking at some of the logos my (big name) author friends have on their web sites. None of them look anything like these or my own. If I'm going to play with the big girls, I'm going to have to redo my entire site...again.

Thanks for your help,
    Sue

If anyone wants to look at some of the romance author logos, here's a list:

Alexis Harrington Logo
    http://www.alexisharrington.com/_derived/index.htm_cmp_copy-of-nature-for-lexie110_bnr.gif

Robin Lee Hatcher Logo
    http://www.robinleehatcher.com/boise-195.gif

Stef Ann Holm Logo
    http://www.stefannholm.com

Jill Marie Landis Logo
    http://www.jillmarielandis.com

Diana Gabaldon Logo
    http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~gatti/gabaldon/gabaldon.html

Kathleen Woodiwiss Logo
    http://www.kathleenewoodiwiss.com/images/home/top.gif

12. D RAT2

D RAT2

Those are all very nice website headers. It would probably be more productive to find a layout for your website that you like and have the talented people in here design you something to fit that site. Seems to work a little easier that way. The designer then has colors and a sense of style that you are looking for. Just my humble opinion..

13. richvisions

richvisions

I think you have the right idea. I'm going to play around with templates on my site builder (one's I can customize) and see what I come up with. Meanwhile, I can't stop playing with the TLC, so I came up with another logo. Not that I can use it, but it was fun. Although, I'm thinking of using that last logo Sogol designed for maybe business cards. We'll see.

Sue

[​IMG]

14. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Sue when you get your site ready let us know so we can work on other ideas with the colors you choose.

Glad you like my last a design.

15. richvisions

richvisions

My Unfinished Site

[​IMG]

Hi All

I did the basic layout for my site. http://www.richvisions.com/suerich

I love the font and size for my name. I want to use the turquoise because of the shading around the edges of the site page (and I like that color). I did have better gradient for the lettering in my name, but it was too thin. Some parts of the words got lost in the backgroud. The earlier version had turquoise hightlighting the center of the lettering, which I really liked.

As you can see by the diamonds in the corner, I still haven't figured out the transparent thing yet. And I only used the diamonds (which someone posted on TLC) as an example--and because I couldn't find what I needed.

Because the trilogy is called 'the jewels trilogy', I need jewels in that corner. I would prefer a jewelry box filled and spilling over with pearls, emeralds, and diamonds. (see the titles of the books at the bottom), but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

There will be a text-wrapped picture of me as soon as I get another one taken. My last picture was taken during my illness and looked awful. For those of you who are wondering. I have Graves Disease. It's a major thyroid disorder that affects every part of your body from your hair to your toenails. Of course, that wasn't good enough for me. I had to go a step farther and develop a tumor (benign) in my head that's sitting on the pituitary gland (which also directly affects the thyroid). Sigh.

Anyway, the first page is all I've done. All the others are blank. But you get an idea of how the site will be set up.

Also, I did the quick banner at the top of this page. Again, I had to use a thicker font for my name. Grrrr. The banner will change to promote my new releases later.

Any ideas, graphics or suggestions for improvement would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all,
    Sue

16. blackknight

blackknight

Here is my rendition of a header. forgive the small size

Attached Files:

17. Chris

Chris Staff Member

WOW very nice BK. I like it allot.

18. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Here is a jewelry box that I just made today. I don't know if it is the type of box you are looking for or not. I am having a time trying to get the jewels designed.

19. blackknight

blackknight

She's not going to be able to use the image with the watermark on it

20. blackknight

blackknight

Oh, and thanks Mac for the comments. Much appreciated

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.