Need help with a logo for a social club (golf, tennis...)

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by GGA2009, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GGA2009

GGA2009

I NEED A GREAT LOOKING LOGO. HELP PLEASE.

We are a private social club. We have six clubs - golf, tennis, small business, life management, fitness, sports, social fun. Please look at what we have now, but it's effective, but not cool. http://getagripchicago.com. We will need to blow it up for banners, etc. High quality high dpi.

I NEED A GREAT LOOKING LOGO. HELP PLEASE.

I will need to be able to change to text from GetaGripChicago to other cites (i.e., GetaGripNewYork, GetaGripAmerica, etc.). Please look at what I have up know. Just pics.

Thanks, Ron. info@getagripchicago.com

2. GGA2009

GGA2009

FROM GGA2009: (A Note)
    I can pay between $150 - $250, depending on how good the logo looks. We host "How to start " small business seminars, and I would also be happy to promote your work to seminar attendees and on our website: http://chicagoentrepreneursnetwork.com - Ron

3. Wicked

Wicked

Thanks for posting your project Ron. I will see what I can come up with and work from there to try and find what you are looking for. Please feel free to let me know if you have any particular type of design you are wanting in the logo. I shoot for something red white and blue and post here soon as I can.

4. GGA2009

GGA2009

Hi Wicked,

Thanks for you help. I have added a pic that MD did for me a few years ago (The city buildings). Don't know if this is usable, but I like it. I have also included my current logo and a few pics of a variety of sports (subjects) that may also give you ideas.

We have six clubs and are members are mostly young professionals\urban professionals. We also plan to expand one day to LA and NY.

Golf, Tennis, FitSports and Activities, Small Business, Life Mgmt (carers, money, etc.) and a Social Club (fun).

I will need to change the TITLE to GetaGripChicago, GetaGripAmerica, etc. eventually one per city. That's all I have to change.

Our Moto: "Get a Trip on Life."

LINK TO OUR CURRENT LOGOS:
    1: http://getagripamerica.com/Getagripchicago.php (GGC 1)
    2: http://getagripamerica.com/Getagripchicago_Getagripdays.php (GGC 2)
    3. http://getagripamerica.com/index.php (GetaGripAmerica)

Thanks and have a gripping day!
    I hope this gives you a better idea.

Ron

Attached Files:

5. Wicked

Wicked

Thanks all that information is very useful. If you now own the rights to that building image and permit me to use it then I can use it in a logo rendition for you. Otherwise if MD still owns rights to the image then I can not. As a safe practice I typically like to do my own things from scratch to avoid any trouble though. I will take all this and see what I can do. I can supply you the a .PSD file where you can open the logo and edit the text if you own the Adobe Photoshop program or other program that can edit .PSD files. If not then I can transfer the designs from Photoshop to The Logo Creator where you can edit the text there. I will create a larger high dpi image for printing purposes but I suggest leaving that as a Photoshop . PSD file for best results. I am assuming you want the logo to be 475px × 135px. If not let me know unless you just want me to supply the works and you resize them yourself. Sorry for my delayed ability to get you a design up but my current work has been a bit demanding. I will try my best to get something up soon as possible.

6. GGA2009

GGA2009

Hi Wicked,

Yes, I own the rights. As far as the image goes, I like the combo concept. Don't know how you can make it work, but I like the buildings an the "activity" in my samples. The activity in my case would reflect our six DIFFERENT clubs, if that makes sense. In terms of size, I would like to have my logo on banners and not have the printer tell me no. I guess that's vector....I don't know.
    I guess it just have to be "acceptable" by a printer for a banner.

I appreciate all your efforts. No matter what happens, as a fellow entrepreneur, that means a lot and I will do what I can to make it pay off for you.

PS - I love America, but it does not HAVE TO BE in RWB.

Thanks, again.

Have a gripping day.
    Ron

7. GGA2009

GGA2009

The buildings...I have having a friend tighten the buildings up. The white spaces (in the middle where SKY should be), and brown (left of center) building with the white outline.

Ron

8. GGA2009

GGA2009

I can send you the original picture of the buildings. It is 415 X 223 in 300 dpi. (Jpeg)

Ron

9. Wicked

Wicked

If you would like to see the buildings in a concept then yes feel free to send it to me.. Better yet I would say just post the image here and I will use it on a concept bases and then if we figure out something you like then I'll grab the 300 dpi file from you. Ill start on this tonight.

10. GGA2009

GGA2009

Hey Wicked,

They are up already. Read a few threads up. (April 2)

I have a friend touching up a few of the pics, moving things around, etc. I will have that pic ready in a day or two. You can use what we have now as a concept, but the buildings will be redone.

Thanks again

Ron

11. Wicked

Wicked

After thinking about it a bit further just for my own benefit I think maybe I would like to avoid using the buildings image since it was done by someone else. If that is ok with you I have created one concept for you to strike up ideas or figure out the right direction I need to be in. To see it in full size click on the the window again after it pops up to view in its own window.

Attached Files:

12. Wicked

Wicked

Ill try and come up with some other ideas too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.